Lynskey Performance Designs R450 Road Bike

The R450 is made for the power rider who pushes huge watts and has a tendency to flex, over-stress and break everything. Acceleration, braking, climbing and descending…the R450 does it all. This frame is made for the rider that excels in crits and competitive road racing that wants stiffness and performance first and foremost.

Built using 6/4 sheet folded and formed into the top tube and down tube, the R450 is a criterium race bike from the ground up. The new tapered/integrated head tube, aero front triangle 6/4 tubes, short - tight chain stays, PF30 BB and helix'd seat stays combine to give the R450 unmatched stiffness and stability. If you are the racer who has the tendency to break everything, seriously consider the 2014 R450.

Now available in multiple Drive train, lightweight fork and wheel combinations offering you the option to customize your new Lynskey Pro level road bike so that it is the perfect match for your riding style and comfort zone.

Submitted by Mitchell Cohen a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: January 31, 2014

Strengths:    Stiff, light, tracks as if on rails.

Weaknesses:    Me, when it comes to spending money on bikes.

Bottom Line:
I purchased an R440 that was in the "loft" at the Lynskey factory. I was helping a friend who was looking to upgrade to a new bike from his over 10 year old Ti Clonago. His rational was, it did not make economic sense to upgrade his 9 speed Dura Acre to an 11, just better off buying a new bike. I applied his rationale to me and my Dura Ace 10 equipped 8 year old Clonago C50 and made an impulse purchase of this bike with Dura Ace 9000. It might have a lot to do with how it fits me, but is the best riding bike I have ever owned. My first was a Frejus in 1970. There's been a DeRosa, a Gios, a 2007 litespeed classic, a Ritchey Ti Break away. About a year ago I was on a group ride in Miami and a guy on a high end Carbon bike had a slow speed crash on to some ones lawn. The back tube cracked and the first angry words out of his mouth were, "Next Bike is titanium" Thanks to him for giving more ammo to pull the trigger on this one. I bought it sized M/L I am 5'11 195 on the size limit of the frame. I am 58 years old and the geomatry on this machine is clearly race oriented. Good, I strech more and do 500 situps three times a week to insure my spine will not resemble their twisted tube "Helix" frame. So far so good after 2000 plus kilometers.
PS. My friend does not fit on the M/L frame.

Favorite Ride:   Circuito KDT Buenos Aires

Purchased At:   Lynskey Loft

Similar Products Used:   Litespeed Classic 2007

Bike Setup:   Dura Ace 9000 Mavic KRY SLS wheels, Ritchey Stem and seatpost, Easton bars. Switched from the Fizik Aliante saddle to the Fizik Arione Kium, and loving it, and no one has ever labled me as flexible. Conti GP 4000s tires. Comes in at 17lbs the same as my equally equipped Clonago C50

Submitted by Mark a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: August 17, 2011

Strengths:    Stiff, handles well, and pretty light

Weaknesses:    Decals rub off easily

Bottom Line:
Lynskey R440 road bike. Purchased 3 months ago. Now had the chance to do multiple century rides. Bike is stiff, but not uncomfortable. Handles well. Super pleased with it. Overall build with training wheels is 7kg on the button so no heavyweight. With full carbon race wheels this baby is 6.7kg

Purchased At:   Red Planet Bikes

Similar Products Used:   Cervelo R3

Bike Setup:   SRAM Red
Ritchey Evolution & WCS finishing kit
Easton forks
Zipp wheels

Submitted by Mike Jones a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: April 27, 2010

Strengths:    durability, tracking. guarantee!

Weaknesses:    maybe weight? 2.2lbs. respectable but not up with the lightest carbon frames

Bottom Line:
I was looking for a serious racing bike that had three important characteristics: 1).It had to be made in USA (no manufacturing, no jobs) 2). It had to be durable to last a lifetime of racing (including crashes), and 3).It had to be light and stiff.
I quickly zoned in on the Lynskey R430. After my first ride I was amazed at how it sprinted and climbed. It rivaled my Pinarello team bike! On 48mph. descents in the mountains it cornered like it was on rails with no high speed wobble or unpredictable traits. I call it my "carbon killer". It has a lifetime guarantee which I could not find in a carbon frame manufacturer. This bike rocks as hard as I want it to! Keep the carbon, I'll take a LYNSKEY!

Favorite Ride:   Lynskey R430