Marin Mountain Bikes Venezia Road Bike

4.57/5 (7 Reviews)

Frame Material: 7005 aluminum w/carbon seat stays
Frame Angles: Unspecified
Sizes: large, medium, small, xlarge, xsmall
Colors: Blue/Gloss Silver
Pedals: Alloy, Toe Clip and Strap
Tires: 700 x 28c Kenda Road

Submitted by Joe Zane a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: May 15, 2012

Strengths:    Smooth ride, super agile, very light. Great stiffness/ride characteristics. Fantastic geometry. This frame should probably cost more.

Weaknesses:    The stock wheels suck.

Bottom Line:
I do a bunch of road races/rides and have found this bike to be fantastic. I put a couple hundred miles a week on the bike and love it. I'm 5'6" and have the 52.5cm frame. I have a Trek 2.1 in Seattle but I live in both Seattle and SF and I have the Marin in SF. I like both of them but actually prefer the Venezia even though the Trek cost me nearly 1.5x as much. The stock wheels were pretty crap though.

Submitted by Mark

Date Reviewed: March 17, 2012

Strengths:    Frame's lifetime warranty, the ride, and comfort

Weaknesses:    Entry-level parts; but, the sky is the limit with upgrades no matter what level.

Bottom Line:
Great bike for the money. I have ridden many different bikes with high end parts and frames. All I can say is this bikes performs great. I feel like it's shifting is very comparable to 105. It rides like a full carbon bike. Sure you can pay hundreds more for higher end parts; but, if you are a recreational rider who enjoys exercise and the outdoors then this is the perfect bike.

Submitted by beardguy a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: February 17, 2011

Strengths:    Descends quickly, simple, great geometry (2005 model, the new ones are weird).

Weaknesses:    stock saddle became uncomfortable after around 4,000 miles. Spokes broke on my alex wheels (alex's fault not marins, and I am not fat).

Bottom Line:
I love this bike. It is a little heavy, but it is fast, climbs well, and isn't too expensive so it can get rained on! I had a much nicer bike, but I got rid of it because I liked this bike much better. I've rode nearly 10,000 miles and all the components are still running strong and the frame is still in great shape. The Alex wheels absolutely sucked so I put 105 wheels on, and now I have the perfect bike.

Favorite Ride:   RAMROD

Purchased At:   a bike shop

Similar Products Used:   Specialized Tarmac

Bike Setup:   mostly stock. Sora 8 speed components, 105 wheels, Specialized Toupe Saddle.

Submitted by homesickelian a Commuter

Date Reviewed: September 27, 2009

Strengths:    Smooth ride for aluminum. Pretty bike! (bright blue)that stands out from the rest.
Flexibility to upgrade, since the frame is so nice. (mainly carbor seat stay)
Everything is stock except for the rear wheel because a wipe out. Everything has lasted well.

Weaknesses:    2 things: Wheels are not that great and the stock brake pads are terrible, but last forever.

Bottom Line:
I ride this bike everywhere, as much as possible. I have worked it pretty hard as a city rider and it's been awesome.
Guess what? I paid 750$, do I expect awesome components? no, you get what you pay for so why would you complain about Sora and Tiagra components.
I mean the frame is awesome enough to have a carbon seat stay for that price. Marin has shifted the style and look since the 2005. Mine is not as "comfort oriented with the top bar no sloping up. Either way, I can say Marin's frame quality seems great! The welding is so well done and not sloppy looking. (which I hate when it is)

Purchased At:   REI

Bike Setup:   Sora derailers and shifters

Submitted by agmdes a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: January 17, 2009

Strengths:    -Strong rigid and reliable frame
- Caron forks and seat stays

Weaknesses:    Sora 8 speed shifters - average but could be better in terms of crisp, accurtate shifting.

Wheels are okay quality, reliable and quick.

Front derailleur and crankset of low quality. They should have fitted a tiagra 9 speed groupset with this bike. This would have given the bike some long-gevity and more cost efficent upgrade for future use.

Rear section of frame flexes when powering up a steep incline when off the saddle-reduceds power transfer from crank to rear wheel.

Bottom Line:
An excellent entry level road bike. Has carbon forks and seat stays with an alloy frame. This makes the entrie bike frame good, solid and reliable for the amount you pay. Groupset is slightly below average. I found that I had to adjust the front derailleur many times and had trouble shifting gears from middle cog to smallest in the front chain rings. (Model i have has a triple set in the front and 8 speed at the rear).

Favorite Ride:   Marin Venezia

Purchased At:   Penny Farthing Cycle

Similar Products Used:   None that I can think of. Still new to road cycling and haven't test ridden anything else.

Marin Venezia and campy Ahtena components

Hello fellow riders i have a question i'm considering purchasing a used Marin here are the specs from the owner 54cm. Time carbon fork. Campy Athena crank and shifters, chorus front derailleur, mirage Rooter (8 speed), it does have dura ace head tube brackets, mavic rims. Model is venezia. I think ... Read More »