Masi Alare Road Bike

4.62/5 (13 Reviews)

The all new Alare frame is nothing short of amazing. Borrowing technology from our Evoluzione line, we created an affordable aluminum platform where performance and affordability are key. Features like the Masi Elite/RS carbon fork hint that ride quality is never sacrificed. Like you, the Alare has a passion for riding that can only be satisfied by hours on the road.

Submitted by metrowest biker a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 18, 2014

Strengths:    This is a strong, comfortable bike and a great value for the price. It shifts smooth and fits right. The seat is the most comfortable one I've ever had.

Weaknesses:    The pedals, like everyone else says. I also think you have to consider that you can't upgrade this bike without spending a lot.

Bottom Line:
I owned every other type of bike before I got a road bike. I didn't want to spend a bundle only to find out I wasn't really interested. One ride on this bike and I was hooked. I've ridden mine on more than one century and have put on a lot of miles. This bike is light and strong, perfect for someone looking for a great bike for the price. Mine still looks and works great! This will be my third year and will probably be looking to upgrade now. My advice to you is to buy it,ride the heck out of it, and get a different bike when you're ready to make the move up if and when that time comes.

Purchased At:   Eastern Mountain Spo

Submitted by Juan Carlos

Date Reviewed: September 23, 2013

Strengths:    Beautiful, Beautiful and beautiful. Great colors and design it really caught my eye. It rides great.

Weaknesses:    the Pedals.

Bottom Line:
I love this bike. It is light, beautiful, runs great. I was going to buy a Diamondback but the "Masi" caught my eye and specially when I looked at the price was even better. The seat was perfect for me. The Diamondback 'seat was too painful. I am a beginner and this bike is just exactly what I was looking for. When people look at this bike the are probably thinking that I paid lots of money for it. But it was less than a thousand dollars. I am happy.

Submitted by Bob a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: October 15, 2012

Strengths:    This was my first purchase of a Masi product Im very impressed the way the bike handle on flats and on hill climbing. I bought this bike for a spare when my other road bike get service. But I notice I ride this bike now more than my cannon dale .. Components are ok it does the job. Shifter shift quickly and brakes are ok. I have this bike for six months now, and put 2000 miles on it but still ride like new , I give this bike 4 and a half star.. Just change the pedals. I went with shimano SPDL.

Weaknesses:    Pedals

Bottom Line:
Worth buying.

Submitted by Robert a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 14, 2012

Strengths:    This is my first road bike and I researched ALOT for a good beginner/intermediate road bike for a good price. My 2012 Alare has been great on short and long rides, very comfortable, fast and is relaxed enough to enjoy riding. Not to mention, this is a beautiful well put together bike that always turns heads.

Weaknesses:    The only weakness I would say is the peddles(changed to 105's from jump) and the shifting components are on the low end, but should be expected with a bike at this price point.

Bottom Line:
I am very happy with my decision to purchase my 2012 Masi Alare and am looking forward to many many more miles on my Masi!

Favorite Ride:   Draper Corner canyon