Merlin Metalworks Inc. Extralight Record Road Bike

Frame Material: 3Al/2.5V titanium
Frame Angles: 73.5 head, 73.5 seat
Sizes: 45cm, 47cm, 63cm, 49cm, 51cm, 53cm, 54cm, 55cm, 56cm, 57cm, 58cm, 59cm, 61cm
Colors: Polished
Pedals: Unspecified
Tires: 700 x 23c Vittoria Rubino Pro

Submitted by cczirbel a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 4, 2008

Strengths:    Durable, Light weight, Responsive

Weaknesses:    Beats Me ?!!

Bottom Line:
I picked this frame up "new in the box" when I was still racing on a team discount deal through our LBS in 1992. I have been racing and riding this same frame ever since. I believe this was the first model bike frame ever to have been made with double butted titanium tubing. This has been my only road frame ever since I bought it and it has proven to be a very durable, lightweight and comfortable riding frame set. I built it up with various mixed lightweight components and sew up wheels and it was weighed in at only 15 3/4 lbs over 16 years ago. I would not hesitate to recommend the Merlin Extralight to anyone looking for a durable, lightweight, responsive racing and road riding frameset.

Favorite Ride:   mt tam loops

Purchased At:   team discount

Similar Products Used:   Centurion/SR/Vitus/Schwinn/Merlin

Bike Setup:   Dura Ace 9speed 25th Anniversary group/ FSA Carbon Cranks / ZIP 303 Carbon Tubular/ EASTON EC 90 Carbon Seatpost

Submitted by cavedave a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 27, 2007

Strengths:    Very fast and smooth ride.I also really like the Campy Record that came on the bike.

Weaknesses:    None that I can see.

Bottom Line:
I love this bike ride is great. Very forgiving on the rougher roads.

Favorite Ride:   Ant ride

Purchased At:   ebay

Similar Products Used:   Had a Cannondale R800 with full Dura Ace I know they dont come with it I put it on.Very nice bike to.

Bike Setup:   Merlin Extralite Full Record 10 speed Brooks Swift saddle. Mavic Ksyrium wheels.Thonspon stem. phill wood bottom bracket.