Moots Cycles Vamoots RSL Road Bike

• Store Price

One Titanium bike to rule them all One of the lightest and stiffest high performance titanium road bike available today. With absolutely zero compromise to the long standing premium Moots quality and lifetime durability. The Vamoots RSL is a bike for serious cyclist looking for maximum performance. The RSL is stiffer than the Vamoots CR, also weighs approximately 15% less and is definitely a lifetime bike, backed by a lifetime warranty. Moots has created a tube set that maintains a very high outer diameter-to wall ratio to provide greater stiffness at the bottom bracket while reducing weight and maintaining comfort. Top tube; 20% lighter, seat tube; 15% lighter and 9% larger, Down tube; 2% lighter and 7% larger, chain stays; 9% lighter and 22% larger. The decreased weight and increased tubing sizes provide maximum stiffness. This translates to greater power transfer from rider to bike. - Available in Titanium finish -9 stock sizes available 48,50,52,54,55,56,58,60,52 -6/4 titanium micro diameter seat stays. -Double butted and tapered Reynolds 3/2.5 tubing. -Press Fit 30 oversized bottom bracket

Submitted by Cary Fremaux a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: October 18, 2013

Strengths:    The handling is super accurate. It simply rails the corners...nothing twitchy, it just goes where you point it. It's titanium so the ride quality is legendary and I think Moots particularly has this aspect dialed. It has an almost indescribable feel of engineering excellence and utmost quality. That's why I give it a 5 for value even at the high price. In short it is so much fun and so gratifying to ride. I've had this bike for 6 months now and I never ride it without thinking how lucky I am to have such wonderful machine!
If you relate to machines that are very finely engineered and constructed, if you love absolute quality then you owe it to yourself to take this bike for a spin. I looked at and rode many bikes, mostly carbon hot rods and endurance oriented frames over quite a few months looking for a bike that "spoke" to me. I literally went one block on this bike, turned around and told the guys at the shop I'd found my bike then went for a full test ride. But I already knew!

Weaknesses:    After all I said above, you know there are no weaknesses except I suppose cost but that is true with everything that is very well done

Bottom Line:
This bike makes my day every time I ride it.

Favorite Ride:   I'm still looking

Purchased At:   WestEnd Bikes

Similar Products Used:   I tried but have very limited experience with high end bikes from Specialized (Tarmac and Roubaix), Colnago, Pinarello, Cervelo. All great bikes for many reasons but without the all around quality of the Moots.

Bike Setup:   11 speed DuraAce.(they hit a home run out of the park on this groupset) Enve 2.0 forks, Enve stem and handlebars, Moots seatpost, Selle Italia seat, Look pedals, Enve 3.2 smart system wheels and Conti Grand Prix tires, King cages, standard diameter head tube

Vamoots RSL cranks?

Has anyone tried using Cannondale Hollowgram Sl cranks on their Vamoots RSL? I’ve currently got mine set up with Dura Ace 7900 cranks using Problem Solvers bb30 adaptors. I’m having a bit of trouble getting the cranks to spin freely. If I don’t preload the left crank arm enough with the Shimano c ... Read More »

anyone gone from Colnago to Moot Vamoots CR or RSL?

I am really interested on a Moots CR or RSl. but, i am concerned about ride and handling qualities. so, i would like to know if someone has made this leap from a Colnago Carbon frame to a Moots CR or RSL. i think Colnagos are just magical rides, but, Ti has always been in my mind. I have a C50, Ep ... Read More »