Motobecane Le Champion CF Road Bike

4.44/5 (9 Reviews)

Full Carbon Frame, FSA Carbon Cranks, Mavic Aksium Race Wheels Ritchey PRO Bar and Stem, Carbon post.

Submitted by Alex Arnold

Date Reviewed: June 4, 2013

Strengths:    The frame seems very well designed. I have enjoyed riding it.

Weaknesses:    It shifts a little difficult well going to the largest gear.

Bottom Line:
I really enjoy this bike and think any intermediate rider should consider it. I bike 5 miles a day on it.

Submitted by Pkim

Date Reviewed: January 9, 2013

Strengths:    UDi2 rocks! Stiff, just can not beat the price. value, value, value

Weaknesses:    only thing that I have to say is that you have to set up the bike but it is not that hard, also you do not get a LBS support. Make sure all the bolts are tight, on delivery one of my cranks was scratched. but Bikedirect took care of me. buying online don't get to test the bike out.

Bottom Line:
Well I've been riding for 2 years and putting in about 200miles a month. I had a trek 5200 with Ultegra and wanted to upgrade to the new Di2 system and could not beat the price bikedirect can offer. I have to say that I am so so pleased. this bike is fast, fast, fast. I live the full carbon frame and the internal routing of the wires. it is very pretty to look at and the components are excellent. The only thing is you have to set the bike up and make some tweaks, you could have your LBS do it but if your handy its no problem. Adjust the seat and adjust the stem height and make sure all the bolts are tight.
Frame is stiff and looks to be built with quality.
Shimano Di2 what a dream, great shifting and it is so easy!
Everything about the bike screams high quality except the price!
some complained about the seat, but I think it is fine, this is a personal thing. things that I would like to change eventually is a carbon bar and stem, new salmon brake pads by Koolstop. Thats it.

Submitted by ron d

Date Reviewed: August 21, 2012

Strengths:    top quality components
shimano ultegra di2 derailleurs and shifters
fsa sl-k light compact crankset
mavic ksyrium elite wheelset
ritchey pro stem, bio max bars, carbon seatpost, and saddle

Weaknesses:    seat is a little hard

Bottom Line:
after 150 miles i continue to be impressed. stiff light frame, and forks. the di2 shifting is amazing. when dancing across the casette, the fromt derailleur self trims to keep the drivetrain super quiet and smooth. at 220# the frame does not flex when exerting as much force as i can muster to accelerate across oncoming traffic.

the only things which i will change on this bicycle is the seat, pedals and bars.
a seat is based upon a personal fit and in individual's riding preferences, so i cannot fault the bike for that. the ritchie pro biomax bars are wonderful, but i have a preference for the wide flat tops of the easton ec-90 bars. the wellgo spd pedals are nice, but i prefer the shimano spd-sl pedals, so i will use either 105's or ultegras.

bang for your buck, these motobecanes are amazing. i still love my trek madone 3.1 since i have completely upgraded it to all ultegra components (wheels, drivetrain and brakes), but in a side by side comparison, the slick shifting of the di2 system is just plain fun to ride.

my only regret is i did not find bikes direct and their gems of bikes earlier, it would have saved me plenty of money.

Submitted by olipoligo a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: October 17, 2011

Strengths:    Top tier hardware for a great price

Weaknesses:    Seat is a little hard and pedals could improve. The brake pads are not the best.

Bottom Line:
This is the second bike from BD that i've purchased. I was hesitant to jump on the CF since i'm 6'2 and 225lbs, but the bike has proven to be a top performer. There is immediate power transfer, and I can press hard on the pedals without any flex. I'm actually more of a sprinter and the bike reacts perfectly to my stride. It climbs like a goat! I love the feel of the carbon frame and it really has helped with the road fatigue. The pedals are not the best, but they are not the worst.
Bikesdirect operates a set of stores accross the south. Here in Orlando they have a store called Cycle Spectrum. They charge a little more, but you get lifetime maintenance and tuning.
Anyhow, I find it amazing that BD can offer such a great bike at that price.

Favorite Ride:   2011 Motobecane Le Champion CF LTD

Purchased At:   Cycle Spectrum- Bike

Submitted by JWA a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: July 28, 2011

Strengths:    Smooth ride, good climber, great quality & price.

Weaknesses:    Saddle could be more comfortable.

Bottom Line:
This is an update after 18 months & 4,000 miles. I'm very satisfied with my 2010 Le Champion CF. No problems with quality or durability. I find the bike very comfortable. I'm not a sprinter/racer but haven't noticed any of the fork flex problems mentioned in Road Bike Action. I've made a couple changes. After a couple flats I changed to 25 mm Continental Grand Prix 4 Season tires.No more flats. Crud Roadracer MK2 fenders. I added small alum shims between the axles & dropouts for added clearance. Probably not necessary with 23 mm's. Not much else to say. Love the bike. I paid $1,00. Nothing comes close for the new $1,600 price. Hope to change to a Sella Italia Max Gel Flite saddle.

Purchased At:   Bikes Direct

Similar Products Used:   My first carbon bike.

Bike Setup:   Stock except tires.

Le Champion CF Pro

Brand new bike on the website. Sounds like a good replacement for my 6 year old Immortal Ice. Wonder what the bike weighs? [url=http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/motobecane/road_bikes/lechampion-cf-pro-xiv.htm]Save Up To 60% Off Ultegra 11 Speed Road Bikes- Motobecane Sprintour[/url]Read More »

BikesDirect's Motobecane Le Champion CF Ultegra Di2 Deal

I find it absolutely amazing that Bikesdirect can offer a CF Ultegra Di2 equipped road bike for $2500, when the lowest you can find an Ultegra Di2 bike anywhere else, will be pretty close to $4000. The fact that it's CF with an Ultegra gruppo alone should place it somewhere within the $3000 price zo ... Read More »

Le Champion CF Rear Dropouts Don't Seem Square

I just received my Motobecane Le Champion CF frameset. Absolutely beautiful piece of engineering. I just have a slight concern that might not be a concern at all. When i put the rear wheel in all the way to where the dropout stops it. The wheel leans to the left of center by a few degrees. It ... Read More »

Moto Le Champion CF LTD Sizing

Hey all just trying to figure out how the sizing goes on the Moto Le Champion CF bikes. I am riding a Dawes Lighting 1200 54cm now and it fits me well. I took some measurements on it and tried to match them up on line to the Le Champion. Looks to be about the same but I keep finding mix reviews on t ... Read More »

Real weight of a Le Champion CF frame?

Has anyone weighed the frame and fork? tia...Read More »