Motobecane Sprint Road Bike

4.58/5 (12 Reviews)
MSRP : $2095.00

7005 Double Butted MultiShape Aluminum Frame with Kinesis High Modulus Carbon Fiber Seatstays
Kinesis Pro High Modulus Carbon Fiber TaperBlade
Kenda Kontender tires
Weight: 18.5lbs

Submitted by co-motobecane a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: January 29, 2012

Strengths:    Great components, light, seat stays minimize vibration

Weaknesses:    pedals. May want to upgrade the wheels eventually.

Bottom Line:
Excellent purchase. I have had this bike for two seasons and it has been a dream. I must have tried 6-8 bikes before purchasing the Sprint. I was a bit apprehensive about purchasing online but based on my experience I would do it again. Have ridden several centuries and countess hill climbs without issue. The bike is light and the seat stays minimize vibration. I replaced the pedals immediately but rode the bike as is for the first year without issue. I have no complaints and would recommend bikesdirect.com to anyone looking for a great value.

Favorite Ride:   Flagstaff

Purchased At:   bikesdirect.com

Similar Products Used:   Trek, Giant, Schwinn, Felt, Fuji

Submitted by Spaceman a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: September 1, 2011

Strengths:    Excellent shifting system and wheels. I transferred the seat and pedals from my old bike to this one immediately.

Bottom Line:
Best Bike I ever owned (replaced my 20 year old Cannondale), well-sutied for my 1500-2000 miles per year. Rides smooth and solid.

Favorite Ride:   Tico Airport/Windover Loop

Purchased At:   LBS at Waterford Lak

Similar Products Used:   1991 Cannondale Black Lightning

Bike Setup:   Shop setup was excellent.

Submitted by fig1228 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: January 20, 2011

Strengths:    everything i cant find anything wrong with the bike... well that I havnt done to it

Weaknesses:    ok sorry my bad the pedals that came with it were horrible thats about it

Bottom Line:
I love this bike it is my pride and joy i have had many other bikes before but this one i will never get rid of.I use this bike for races, fun rides, cross state/cross country rides it is just amazing

Favorite Ride:   melbourne to brookesville

Purchased At:   ebay

Similar Products Used:   to many to list

Bike Setup:   all original except for new speedplay pedals

Submitted by Al a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: July 31, 2010

Strengths:    Ultegra 6700 components, frame with carbon triangle and carbon fork, stellar looks, rides very nice - responsive and light.

Weaknesses:    Stock seat is too hard and does not break in very well (although this may be a personal preference). Even after 6 months of use, I could not survive longer than 1 hour on it. Replaced with Selle San Marco Aspid Arrowhead and now I am riding 2.5-3 hours 4-5 times a week. Stock pedals are difficult to clip in (I am new to this, so this may be just me). Look Keo Classic work much better and have better contact with my feet. After a couple of fine adjustments for cleat position, this is a perfect setup for me.

Bottom Line:
An orange 2010 "New Sprint" from bikesdirect.com. Arrived well packed, no damage. Easy to assemble (my first road bike ever!). 2 LBSs yield very poor results on fine adjustment. I spent several hours researching the internet for "road bikes how to", and then adjusted the derailers and the brakes myself. Everything works great. After riding it for a month I started Ultegra 6700 upgrade campaign - first put in the brakes (the stock Tektro R530's felt weak and flimsy), then BB and the crank-set (the stock Truvativ cranks and BB were fine, I just wanted to complete the group). Then I replaced the stock saddle with Selle San Marco Aspid Arrowhead (this was a lottery but I've got lucky) and Look Keo Classic pedals. I ordered 52cm frame for which the site says it gets 40cm handlebars. I am 5'6", 200lbs and have broad shoulders, so I was surprised the handlebars felt comfortable. Later I discovered they were actually 42cm. I ride about 120 miles a week (usually 30 miles per ride) - the bike handles very well, easy to control, fairly good road vibration isolation. Good quality so far. An excellent bike, well worth every penny and more - highly recommend! I would certainly praise bikesdirect.com for pricing and purchasing experience.

Favorite Ride:   southern parks

Purchased At:   bikesdirect

Similar Products Used:   None - I am a newbie, this is my first road bike. Now building my custom road bike with DuraAce group and carbon frame.

Bike Setup:   Triple crankset, BB, brakes, STI shifters, derailers, chain - all Ultegra 6700. Look Keo Classic pedals, Selle San Marco Aspid Arrowhead saddle.

Submitted by tla1963 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 30, 2010

Strengths:    Price, components & weight

Bottom Line:
2010 MOTOBECANE SPRINT

Just received my beautiful new 2010 orange Sprint. Spent about 45 to put it together & adjust everything. Took it out for a quick spin and it seemed to be very responsive and quite comfortable. this seems to have been an excellent purchase considering an entry level Specialized or Giant or Trek were all about the same price BUT with much cheaper components & wheels. May change out pedals but other than that it's good to go right out of the box.