Neuvation Cycling F100 Road Bike

4.14/5 (7 Reviews)

Submitted by copylatte

Date Reviewed: October 26, 2012

Strengths:    Buttery smooth ride from 30 mph up. It's on RAILS at any speed--not twitchy or quick but smooth. Light frame, great price, and top notch service from Neuvation.

Weaknesses:    Feeling the vibration with carbon fork.

Bottom Line:
Just went on a quick test ride after finishing the build. Coming from a steel frame, I thought the aluminum would take some adjustment but the F100 is smooth. In comparing to a CAAD 9, it has less vibration in the rear and more fluid in handling; however, the CAAD feels quicker on acceleration and handling--the F100 is anything but twitchy. Getting up to speed feels oh so good (35 mph is slow for this bike). Fit and finish are excellent. Neuvation parts are great (carbon fork & seatpost) Internal cable routing is a nice touch.

Overall, a nice, smooth riding aluminum frame that is on RAILS at speed. Makes for a great racing frame and position is wonderful, and can get some neck, shoulder relief on the hoods. For the price, you can't beat it. The bike is only limited by the engine pushing it.

Similar Products Used:   Cannondale CAAD 9,

Submitted by CynicallyFixed a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: December 9, 2010

Strengths:    The Wheels (R28X)roll so smooth and you notice how quiet they are compared to Zipps.

Customer Service is terrific as they have helped me with everything from replacement bearings, saddle and stem swaps, Sram warranty issues, and even small bolts for my derailleur all at no charge. Very fast service from the other side of the country.

Weaknesses:    Handling isn't superb but its certainly good enough.
Its not an aesthetically cool frame and the graphics look too bubbly. The look of the wheels are nice though, with its black rim on black spoke look.
Their carbon seatpost isn't that great and ideally should be upgraded.Mine developed a sliver at the back after 5k miles.

Bottom Line:
I wanted a good road bike to start my racing career. Did a lot of internet research before I finally pulled the trigger on a Neuvation. The nice deal, component selection, and customer service reputation made me feel comfortable with the expense. The whole bike quite simply doesnt hold me back nor feels uncomfortable to ride on. I've clocked up big mile (4+ hour rides) days with no discomfort from the bike.
If you're an entry level racer and don't want to drop too much cash, this is a good deal.

Favorite Ride:   When I win a race

Purchased At:   www.neuvationcycling

Similar Products Used:   I've tried a Cannondale Supersix with nice mid level wheels for a brief test ride. Honestly, it had a stiffer front end but It certainly wasn't worth the 2+ thousand dollar difference.

Bike Setup:   SRAM Rival
R28XSL Wheels
Specialized Saddle
3T Rotundo Handlebars
Race Face stem
Speedplay Pedals
Garmin Edge 500
A couple tubes and tires
Thomson Seat Post

Submitted by John Hogan a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: August 17, 2010

Strengths:    Fairly good ride and handling. Initial price appears good.

Weaknesses:    Poorly set up. Ineffective service. Complaints to the owner get directed to the shop guy who could care less.

Bottom Line:
The FC100 was purchased in late may 2010 with SRAM Red components. It is a good, but far from great handling bike. I have a 2004 S/Works which I like better. My major complaint has been the setup and the lack of service. I received the bike with a SRAM GXP bottom bracket that would not adjust out the lateral end play wrong one was originally installed). I installed an new BB on my own and the next problem was a creak sound when I apply maximum force to the crank. That problem was caused by the fact that the bottom bracket shell was not faced. In addition, I had other minor issues like (1) front dérailleur sliding down and jambing into the chain ring, (2) the rear dérailleur was bent inward 10-degrees and required the rear dérailleur bracket to be adjusted, (3) a spoke popped on the rear rear wheel after less than 500 miles. Also, the rear wheel needs a lot of attention if you ride on any rough surfaces: I took it to a wheel builder and was able to make it more robust. Bottom line is that this bike is no bargain. The concept of dealing direct sounds great, but you are better off with a name brand from a good local shop. The support from 2,500 miles away is verbal and generally not helpful.

Favorite Ride:   Neuvation FC100

Purchased At:   Neuvation

Similar Products Used:   Specialized S/Works

Bike Setup:   SRAM Red drive train with SRAM Force brakes.

Submitted by Chrisjpb a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: January 2, 2010

Strengths:    Light enough for me. It upgraded me to SRAM 10 speed. You can customize the bike to get a good fit. I like choices. Customer service! More bang for the buck! It makes me curse bad weather days! Nuff Said!

Weaknesses:    None that I have not been able to over come.
You need to know what you want out of cycling! I have been a cyclist since 1985.

Bottom Line:
After much hand wringing, question asking, price searching, and just plain ol' research, I consider this bike to be the best value for the money. I prefer substance over style any day and this bike is the ticket. I took it to my favourite and trusted bike mechanic and after he gave it a test drive, he gave me the nod, and that confirmed to me that it was a good deal. I couldn't get a better endorsement than that. It more than meets my requirements for the riding I do. I hope this was helpful.

Favorite Ride:   When I can ride with friends

Purchased At:   Neuvation Cycling on

Similar Products Used:   Eddy Merckx Corsa SL with Campy
Vitus 979 with Dura Ace

Bike Setup:   FC-100 with SRAM Rival (Ask me if you need more details as you get plenty of choices with Neuvation)

Submitted by mtbfreedom a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: December 3, 2009

Strengths:    Neuvation cycling has phenomenal prices coupled with high quality components and frames. John Neugents knowledge and customer service is first rate. I cannot say enought good things about Neuvation Cycling. I am more than satisified I am a Neuvation convert that will spread the word.

Weaknesses:    The only weaknesses I can see are the stickers on the rims and the lack of color choice in frames.

Bottom Line:
I am a racer with two children in university who is concerned with two things: speed and money. Neuvation Cyclings combination of price, quality and customer service are with-out a doubt the best I have ever encountered!!! I was skeptical, it just sounded to good to be true. I had my heart set on a Cervelo S1 ultegra. The Cervelo would have cost me within $200.00 of my Neuvation sram red, but the Cervelo would weigh in at over 17lbs and my Neuvation comes in at 15.5lbs for a 51 cm frame. When I set up the bike for racing it has a great sleeper race style to it. It has none of the fancy strips and colors you find on the big name bike companies and it has none of the extra 2.5 lbs you end up paying more for either. I'll take the 2.5lbs less over the pretty frame, thank-you very much!! The ride of the F100 is just what I want stiff in the bottom bracket and chainstays and compliant enough in the front end to do centuries. Plane and simple it is race ready. Take a close look at his seatpost and front fork and realize they are made by a high end company called Trigon which is providing products for the big four bike companies. Customer service is unbelievable. I spent more time conversing with John Neugent by e-mail and phone than I have with my local bike store in the past three years. There was a slight mix up with my order. John Neugent's answer was to provide me with a Sram Red F100 for the price of a Force F100. . This is a reduction of $500.00. Now thats the customer coming first, even before profits!!!! As far as I am concerned I am a Neuvation customer for life. I a can see some carbon race rims as soon as one of my kids finishes university. Neuvation rules.

Favorite Ride:   Neuvation F100, 2010, Complete Sram Red, Carbon fork steerer, RSL5 Wheelset

Purchased At:   Neuvation Cycling