Neuvation Cycling FC100 Road Bike

3.67/5 (3 Reviews)
MSRP : $1949.00

The FC100 is made with carbon tubes and alloy head tube, seat cluster and bottom bracket. Averaging 1380 grams for the frame only most bikes are in the sub 17 pound range. Super smooth and still very stiff.

Submitted by David Mann

Date Reviewed: May 18, 2013

Strengths:    First set of wheels went 8,000 miles. Very comfortable. Great customer service

Weaknesses:    None I have seen

Bottom Line:
Love the bike. Love the shop. Really want the 500 now have 12,000 miles on bike with no problem.

Submitted by Bill Metcalf a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 27, 2012

Strengths:    Fairly lightweight: SRAM Red bike weighs 16.0 out of the box. Customer service is awesome! Plenty of options to 'build your own' bike. Pricing is unbeatable

Weaknesses:    @1380 gm. for the frame, it's no feather; but the price is incredible: about $2400 for SRAM Red.

Bottom Line:
Decent ride, not as smooth as my Ti bike, but still long-distance comfortable. Neuvation wheels are stiff, I can corner faster on them than I dare on some other hoops. Developed cracks in rear rim after 2000 miles, but remember what I said about customer service. Wheel was repaired quickly for, I think, no cost to me. Honestly, I gave ot 4 stars overall because it's the first carbon frame I've ridden, so I have no basis for comparison with other carbon frames.

Favorite Ride:   Centuries

Purchased At:   Neuvationcycling.com

Similar Products Used:   Currently own 5 road bikes: 2 Assenmachers (custom), Colnago, Airborne, Neuvation
(I used to own a bike shop, but I prefer a regular paycheck).

Bike Setup:   FC100 frameset, Neuvation R28 wheels w/Hutchinson tires, Red gruppo (except for Force brakes, fr. derailleur), Neuvation saddle

Submitted by Tom

Date Reviewed: April 27, 2012

Strengths:    Wonderful frame and wheel setup. Unbeatable for the price. It's a good all day rider, maybe not the best crit bike, but still nice and responsive. Follows and changes lines well. Feels natural to ride and great at high speeds.

Weaknesses:    Customer service. Bike build up. Communication.

Bottom Line:
I bought the bike late last year. Due to business conflicts I can only ride unbranded frames or the company specified. Also, I am quite short, and the geometry for the 48cm size was right what I was looking for (basically the low head tube, which I couldn't get with my supplier in a carbon frame).

Neuvation has always been fast when sending wheels, so I assumed that it would be similar with the bikes, but just in case I requested in my order form that I be contacted if there was going to be any wait. After a week with no contact from them or charge to my credit card I contacted them. I was told that they were 3 weeks behind on all of the bike builds. I told them that it would be fine, but I needed the bike at my door by a specific date (a month after I sent in the order). I was told that date would be no problem.

So finally the bike gets built. I'm notified by Neuvation that they have shipped the bike, but because they didn't have any 48cm frames without decals they sent me a bike with logos, but upgraded my front derailleur to the Red derailleur (it's a Sram Force build). However, The Force front derailleur was the one I wanted due to having the stiffer cage and more positive shifting. Had they asked me before hand I would have just told them to keep the bike and cancel my order. And then things got worse.

Some of the reasons why I purchased the bike from Neuvation was that I had no experience with Sram and being that one of my jobs is a bike mechanic I wanted a bike that I could pull out of the box, put together in just a few minutes with no tuning and get onto riding. Neuvations advertises their bikes as such. This was the opposite of the case.

Most bikes that I get at the shop are at the same level of diassembly, but most of the time need little to no adjustment work. The work needed on the Neuvation bike was more than I had on any bike I built from new. The rear derailleur needed adjustment, the front deralleur was so far out that it actually would throw the chain off the outer ring and scratched up the cranset. The bike was delivered with no carbon grip paste for the seat post. And, to top it off, the bike arrived at my door 3 days later than my "needs to be here by this date." Additionally, I was expecting to get the black wheels (which I like) and recieved silver (which I don't like and had no clue existed).

Quickly, the bottom bracket failed on me. While this is no fault to Neuvation, I was simply fed up with the bike. I contacted Neuvation and requested to speak with someone about the issue. I didn't want to be "that guy" but I was 100% dissatisfied with my purchasing experience. I ride 9000 miles a year and I was so unhappy with the purchasing experience (and this bike is a nice bike) that I just didn't want to ride the bike at all and think about it.

Eventually I spoke with John at Neuvation, told him of all my issues with it (to a few he even replied with, "Oh yeah, that's a problem. That shouldn't have happened.") However, his response was to offer to take it back, but I would have to pay the return shipping ($100). Again I reiterated to him that had I walked into a store and seen the bike I was actually going to get I would have never, ever purchased the bike. Eventually after some tersely worded e-mails he agreed to take it back and cover shipping.

However, because I had such a negative experience with Neuvation and everyone with my business association new about the troubles this bike was we ultimately decided it would be OK for me to ride the bike with the Neuvation logos showing. So I decided to keep it (after all, it is a good bike to ride and it's one of the few to actually fit the way I want it to in this price range). Whenever customers ask about it I relay the story that you've now read and then remind them that Neuvation is considered to be one of the better of the online bike retailers. Now they are more encouraged to buy a bike locally instead of online mail order.

That said, I will probably never purchase another item from Neuvation again. Not even their wheels.

So, who should buy this bike? People who can deal with their own problems and are competent to know how to properly build and set up a bike. It's a good all day rider, maybe not the best crit bike, but still nice and responsive. Follows and changes lines well. Feels natural to ride and great at high speeds.

Favorite Ride:   A nice warm one

Price Paid:    $2000.00

Purchased At:   Neuvation.com

Similar Products Used:   A bunch of other carbon and steel road stuff. Too numerous to mention.

Bike Setup:   Sram Force build (Red front Derailleur, did not want but Neuvation gave it to me anyway, grr), Brooks B17 narrow, R28 wheels, zero setback seatpost

Neuvation FC100

Anybody have any experience with the Neuvation FC100?Read More »

apples or oranges? FC100 or Le Champion Ti?

Which would you go for? The carbon Neuvation FC100 or the titanium Motobecane Le Champion Ti Heat? Assume Sram Rival, stock components either way, and that all stickers/decals with either be removed or covered up with something nicer. [url]http://www.neuvationcycling.com/product144.html[/url] [ ... Read More »

Narrowed my choices to Neuvation F100, FC100, or BMC SL01...........

All would more than likely be fitted with SRAM Rival, although with the F100 I could get Force or Red for the same price. Does anyone know how the EA50 wheels on the BMC compare to the standard ones on the Neuvation? I never thought it would be this difficult to pick a bike.Read More »

New bike to me: Neuvation FC100 - photos too...

Well at 51 years old I've decided to return to cycling after a long hiatus. Back in the 80's I turned to running and ran for 18 years. After the old knees decided to start giving me trouble I stopped running and did masters swimming for 10 years. That routine just got too dull and repetitive so I ... Read More »

Neuvation FC100 - anyone ride one ?

I have been looking at one of these for a while now, not much in the forum that I can find. Anyone have one that can share some thoughts on the frame and ride quality. TimRead More »