Neuvation Cycling FC500 Road Bike

The FC 500 is the best bike we offer having both a tapered headset and BB30 bottom bracket. Frame weights average about 1100 grams making it possible to get bike builds below 16 pounds (without pedals). Very compliant and best performing frame we offer.

Submitted by jackmen a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: December 14, 2012

Strengths:    I received mine in august of 2012, and have now put about 1500 miles on it. Mine is equipped with SHIMANO di-2 ultegra with 25c tubeless tires. This thing is awesome. Wickedly resposive, yet very compliant. The shifting is effortless with the DI-2. I see this bike with di-2 as the best value available for a great high technology bike with a great ride. For about $3200 it cant be beat. Mine weighs in at about 17 lbs in 56Cm with pedals. The difference in this bike is that neuvation offers the ability to fully customize the bike just how you want it, but doesn't charge custom prices

Weaknesses:    none

Bottom Line:
I compare the bike to a trek 5.9, and the trek was $1300 higher and I was stuck with what trek shipped the bike with. In riding both bikes, the neuvation, had smoother ride, but was just as responsive. If you atre looking for a high quality Di-2 bike, please look at the FC-500. It represents the best value in America and John neugent stands behind his products.

Purchased At:   mail oeder

Similar Products Used:   Trek 5.9

Submitted by Craig a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: July 16, 2012

Strengths:    Light weight, fast acceleration, great customer service, great bike for the price

Weaknesses:    none

Bottom Line:
I bought this bike a couple of years ago and love it. I was leary about ordering a bike online. After the fact, I have no doubts with this company. John Nugent is very passionate about providing the high quality bike components at a reasonable price and providing a service to help meet your needs. I'll admit I had to do some research in regards to some of the specifics in regards to components in order to decide what I wanted (stem angles, cassette gearing, etc). Majority of the information I was able to find on his website.

I got the 11-23 rear cassette and noticed much better performance comparted to my 12-26. I have my bike set up with SRAM RED. I have Shimano on my other bike and it did take a little bit of adjusting between the two, but I feel like I get better shifting with the SRAM especially under loads.

Bike looks great without a lot of graphics and rides smoothly. I think this bike works well for any rider looking for a bike at a great price (or any bike from this company).

Price Paid:    $1950.00

Purchased At:   Neuvation Cycling

Similar Products Used:   Fezzari Fore C2

Bike Setup:   M28 Aero, SRAM RED, Speed Zero pedals. Only change made after receiving the bike is change the tires to Specialized Armadillo Tires for punture resistance.

Submitted by LDU a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: May 21, 2011

Strengths:    Price, finish, stifness and ride quality

Weaknesses:    none.

Bottom Line:
Excellent bike! Stiff yet forgiving on rough road surfaces. Tight geometry allows for smooth cornering and instantaneous acceleration as the power transfers immediately to the crank with no flex. Very high quality finish with no visible blemishes. Nuevation customer service is quick to respond to any questions or issues you may. They’ll even send you extra saddles to test ride with your order if you ask. Highly recommend this bike to anyone considering purchasing a high-end road quality road bike for either serious recreation or racing.

Favorite Ride:   Nuevation FC 500

Purchased At:   Nuevation.com

Similar Products Used:   Trek Madone 5.2, Cannondale Supersix and Specialized Allez

Bike Setup:   Force Compo, R28X aero wheels, S10 Nuevation saddles and combo carbon.stem HB 100cm.

Submitted by bearmtb76 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 29, 2011

Strengths:    Stiff, Lite, climbs great, descends like a bandit. People do not believe how much the bike cost.

Weaknesses:    None yet.

Bottom Line:
Great Bike, I was not sure if I should buy a bike online. However, you can not find a better deal for this caliber of bike, you'll need to spend about $1,000 more. Force group is awesome. The wheels also rock. I like the stealth look. So far I'm not disappointed.

Favorite Ride:   Any