Olmo Olmo Zeffiro VCT Crome Road Bike

Here is the picture for the review I just did for Roadbikereview.com

Submitted by Aldo Mathews a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 4, 2009

Strengths:    First off the integrted seatpost is a definate plus in weight reduction,and rigidity. secondly it handles very well regardless of the condition. it,as is common with italian frames, is beautiful, and it's craftsmanship is evident. Lastly is the fact of getting a top of the line,made in italy frame under $5000.00

Weaknesses:    None noted

Bottom Line:
I am the proud owner of an "Olmo Zeffiro VCT chrome". This is the second Olmo I have owned. Ironically enough, the first time I saw the new age of Olmo carbon fiber frames was in the same issue of "Cycle Sport" magazine as the one that reported on Marco Pantanis' death. I was just starting to dream of somehow possibly owning a carbon fiber bike, and first came in contact with Greg& Todd at ERA Ski Bike. I could not afford the $5000.00+ price tag of some of the italian manufacturers,for their top of the line model, truly built in Italy. ERA worked with me and I had my first Carbon fiber Olmo.The new one has been quite the experince! As it has a "chrome" finish, I have, many times, had to explain,with a click of the finger on the frame, it's not titanium, and also point out the abscence of welds. What hides under the titanium loking paint is some very advanced carbon technology, incorporating Space Age, and Formula-1, Carbon technology in a bicycle frame by the use of Vectron, and Boron Carbon. It also uses Kevlar for toughness, and Easton GX2 technology in it's construction.One of the best rides I have had on it this year was after a hard day of climbing, it was then a long descent back into town, and we had been warned by two groups of the condition of this road, it being old, wornout, full of potholes, and dangerous. Perfect! Like a Formula -1 car that performes terribly at 60mph, but feels fine at 200mph, The Olmo, and I, were in our element!, the bike soaking up the roughness, Flying along. This ride and several others, since owning an Olmo, have tought me a funny, but true comment, related to owning a fine italian racing bike. I know I have had many great, memorable rides, and moments of competition, where I smiled, was happy, and thought later" If race bikes could smile, Mine did!

Favorite Ride:   Olmo