Orbea Orca SLT Road Bike

Orbea Orca SLT Complete Bike(0x92b2f310)

Submitted by Scott K

Date Reviewed: October 3, 2013

Strengths:    Mine was a true full Ultegra Bike with Mavic Equipe wheels. The bike climbs very well, is stiff and responsive. It descends very stable and predictable. The bike has its own unique look which I really like!

Weaknesses:    The only thing I didn't care for was the way the derailleur cables were routed. The newer models (mine was 2011) are internally routed, so that would make me happier. This is a very small complaint and didn't effect performance (I'm having to be very picky....really no weaknesses)

Bottom Line:
I bought the bike new in 2011 after riding Madones, Tarmacs, Super-Sixs, and Colnagos. The Orbea doesn't "cheese out" on the parts spec. Full Ultegra really means full Ultegra. The other brands slip in 105 stuff and house brand or entry level wheel sets. I mean the bike comes with a $100+ Selle Italia saddle! I would say its ride is somewhere between the Super-Six and the Tarmac, not quite as quick as the tarmac but not quite as slow as a Super-Six. Not that any of the bikes are too fast or too slow this is just for reference. The Bike is comfortable on all day rides ( 60-100 milers with 6-10,000 ft ele.). It likes it when I climb out of the saddle and push it hard! After 2 years I still like the bike a lot. I have changed the wheels to a 1400g set of DT Swiss clinchers w/ Conti 4000s tires, FSA Carbon bars, and speedplay Zero pedals. I am a 150lb 50+ year old rider who rides 3-5 (100-200 mi.) times a week. Other than basic maintenance the bike has been flawless. I am very satisfied with the bike.

Submitted by Arjun Balu a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: July 9, 2013

Strengths:    excellent power transfer,very comfortable,great balance.

Weaknesses:    none really.

Bottom Line:
Mine is a 2013 Orca with a full 105 groupset and shifters,ande Mavic Aksium wheels. At 7.8kg its super light,super fast particularly on climbs with a super stiff rear but also has outstanding comfort thanks to the shaped chain and seat stays that cancel almost all vibrations even on the poorest of roads.Overall a super bike and definately a must try before making a buying decision.Also there is no better looking bike out there.

Favorite Ride:   Orbea Orca S105

Purchased At:   ride 2026 bikes,INDI

Bike Setup:   105 groupset and brakes,Mavic Aksium wheels,3T ergo handlebar and stem.50/39/30 crank special ordered for big climbing efficiency with a 12-30 Ultegra casette.Specialized Toupe RBX comp Gel saddle.

Submitted by Dave C. a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 8, 2012

Strengths:    Climbing, descending, smoothness, comfort, amazingly sexy looks

Weaknesses:    Seat post clamp

Bottom Line:
I have a 2012 Orca Silver frame with Campy Chorus 11speed and Boyd Vittesse alloy wheels. Bike is nothing short of awesome. In a recent century ride I was flying up the climbs passing everyone in sight and I am not some super climber. On descents I found myself simply coasting and keeping up with others who where consistently pedaling. Frame is stiff, light and fast.

Favorite Ride:   Deer Creek to High Grade