Pinarello FP2 Road Bike

4.75/5 (4 Reviews)

Pinarello FP2 SRAM Rival Bike 2011: The FP2 Carbon geometry is, in perfect Pinarello style, devoted to competition. The frame is powerful, the down tube is massive, and the bottom bracket, heart and fulcrum of this triangle, is unyielding to the...

Submitted by col182 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 18, 2010

Strengths:    Frame, ride, comfort, and the best looking bike on the market

Weaknesses:    Most componentry - Compact crank ok, tyres and saddle are awful

Bottom Line:
Bike a 2009 model and the first bike that I have purchased new and fit to me. I can't really fault the overall quality of the entire package. Took ages to get used to the compact crank (only once or twice looked for that extra cog lately) and the ride quality is superb. Upgraded the wheels from Racing 7 to racing 5s and worth the extra couple of bucks. Downside is the Most tyres and Saddle that it came standard with as they are crap!!!!! Change to Vredestein Tri Comp tyres and the ride improved even more. (saddle change very soon). Stiff frame gives great acceleration and steering is very direct and precise.

Favorite Ride:   Anywhere

Purchased At:   Turramurra Cyclery S

Similar Products Used:   Klein

Bike Setup:   Ultegra Sl groupset, Most compact crank, racing 5 wheels added clip on tri bars.

Submitted by EMGrinan a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 6, 2010

Strengths:    Stiffness, control, very good climber.

Weaknesses:    So far: tires as it came equipped with a set of Most brand tires. It was like having a Ferrari with a club store private label set of tires!

Bottom Line:
This is actually a 2010 model. Pinarello has changed the FP2 to a carbon frame. Mine has actually 350 miles on it, being an upgrade from an aluminum Giant OCR3. Being a 210 pound rider, I could feel a positive difference immediately. Just completed a 100 mile ride with +4,500 feet in climbing and descent speeds of +40 mph. It behaved superbly!

Favorite Ride:   Hills in Mexico City

Purchased At:   Puebla, Mexico

Similar Products Used:   Giant OCR3.

Bike Setup:   Most brand: rims, compact crank,seat and brakes. Shimano Ultegra: shifters, front and rear derailleurs, 12-25 sprocket. Michelin Ironman tires (Changed as the factory equipped Most brand sucked!).

Submitted by jay bob a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: August 7, 2009

Strengths:    RACE BRED DESIGN-COMPONENT GROUPO-LOOKS AND HANDLES BETTER THAN ANYTHING ELSE AT THIS PRICE!!

Weaknesses:    NONE SO FAR

Bottom Line:
2008 PINARELLO FP2,YOU FEEL LIKE YOUR DRIVING A FERRARI WHEN YOU RIDE THIS BIKE,I CANT SAY ENOUGH ABOUT IT.EVERY TIME I STOP RIDING,PEOPLE STOP TO LOOK AND ASK ME HOW I LIKE IT,WITH THE ONDA STAYS AND FORK,HIGHLY MANIPULATED TUBE SHAPES AND HAND PAINT JOB-WHATS NOT TO LIKE!!

Favorite Ride:   DEATH RIDE

Similar Products Used:   TREK 5200-SPECIALIZED-GIANT TCR-
KLEIN-TAYLOR

Bike Setup:   ULTEGRA SL(GREAT)DRIVETRAIN&BRAKES,EVERYTHING ELSE MOST BRAND(PINARELLO)

Submitted by lachy94 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: February 23, 2009

Strengths:    Great groupset, lovely shifting, light and reliable, hasn't let me down yet. Haven't really changed anything except the saddle on the bike, everything else is great the way it is.

Weaknesses:    The most saddle the bike came with was just nasty for me (going numb is very disconcerting) - the Selle Italia Flite on it now is great though. The store also decided to fit it with compact cranks - I could have had that changed when I bought it for free, didn't think it was a good idea but I really with I had, now. Compact cranks are ok, but it does kill my top speed a bit.

Bottom Line:
The bike is actually a 2008 FP2, not sure why only 2007 and older are available in the drop-down list. Clocked up around 2000km so far, lots of little 20-30km rides, some 50-80km rides and the odd 100+ ride. Rode 208km the other day and had no problems with the bike at all. Great for racing around at 30-40km/h, comfy enough to cruise around at 20km/h when I'm feeling less energetic. This is the first road bike I have owned, and the best bike by a loooong way, so perhaps my absolute love of the bike is just because I haven't got anything good to compare against, but it truly is a lovely ride.

Favorite Ride:   Beach road

Purchased At:   Ivanhoe Bicycles

Similar Products Used:   None - this is really the first high quality road bike I have ridden. In fact, the only other I have ridden is an early-80's era Apollo - no comparison at all.

Bike Setup:   Veloce groupset, less cranks (moST, compact cranks - sucky). Selle Italia saddle. Khamsin G3 wheels and GP4000 tyres - works for me. Couple of bottle cages, so I can bring quite a bit of water with me for those long rides down the coast.

2011 Pinarello FP2 vs 2011 Specialized Roubaix

It's time for me to upgrade my Specialized Allez to a carbon bike! I check my LBS and I can get a Pinarello SP2 with Rival for around $2,200, a Specialized Roubaix SL2 Elite with APEX for $2,200 or Specialized Roubaix Comp with 105 for $2,695 My main concern is the comfort, I plan to do severa ... Read More »

Pinarello FP2 vs Specialized Roubaix

Hi All, It's time for me to upgrade my Specialized Allez to a carbon bike! I check my LBS and I can get a Pinarello FP2 with Rival for around $2,200. I looked in the internet there is not a lot info about the bike. It's really comfortable? Better that a Specialized Roubaix? My main concern ... Read More »

*Paid Spam* Pinarello FP2 For Sale

See the paid ad here: classifieds.roadbikereview.com/showproduct.php?product=27264&title=pinarello-fp2&cat=3 This bike is brand new. Contact me with questions.Read More »