Raleigh USA Prestige Road Bike

4.25/5 (16 Reviews)

Perfect for racing, training or club rides, the 2006 Raleigh Prestige features our C6 A.C.E. (Advanced Composite Engineering) full carbon frame and an Easton EC90 full carbon fork.
  • C6 ACE, Advanced Carbon Engineering, Full Carbon Frame
  • Easton EC90 Carbon Fork w/Carbon Steer Tube
  • Shimano Ultegra / DuraAce Components
  • Mavic Aksium Wheelset

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Jimmy From Texas

Date Reviewed: April 19, 2015

Strengths:    Still unknown I'm building

Weaknesses:    Same as above

Bottom Line:
    I was reading this blog because as said I'm building , My friend gave me his Prestige frame because he knows I would be able to fix it and ride it once again , so it's a project in my garage. On to the meat of the story The cracks on the lower crank boss area is the question . He sent his frame into Raleigh and they warranted his frame for 2 cracks one on each side about 1/2 " so I was going to have it welded but before I did , I put the frame thru a nondestructive inspection ( NDI ) did'nt see any traces of die in said cracks so i used a pencil grinder and removed about 0.010" material from the crack indications shown buy the MFG. Did it again. Same results but I wanted to be dead sure their were no cracks so I took it to the highest level of NDI and that would be Xray , Yes I work in a business that has this equipment ( Overhaul Turbine Engines ) . There was no crack . So have your frames NDI if you think there is a problem.

Submitted by rmcd34 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: May 6, 2011

Strengths:    light bike and with decent wheel set and component group

Weaknesses:    frame and creaking

Bottom Line:
    Very nice bike and decent component group. Interesting to see others have developed creaking with frame. When I pedal (it starts about 5 minutes out) I get a creaking. It also could be from hair line crack (looks like a jagged 1/2 line in paint just behind bottom braket). It could be superficial on top coat of paint, but who knows. Have had 3 bike shops look it over and we've done about everything to try to determine the creak. Only thing I have not done is change out the crank. I have been thinking about a compact crank to swap out so I just may do this and see what happens. The bike is great otherwise.

Favorite Ride:   Yes

Purchased At:   ebay

Similar Products Used:   Specialized carbon road

Submitted by terrencekeenan a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: September 15, 2010

Strengths:    Good ride and it was free.

Weaknesses:    Carbon, made in china, suspect quality.

Bottom Line:
    I use it as a training bike. Really nice ride and fit, better than my expensive Orbea Orca.
    Still, the frame developed crack marks behind the bottom bracket, just like the reviewer above. It might just be superficial, however, when I am turning at any speed and decide to pedal, the frame creaks pretty bad in the BB area. I am almost positive it's not my Bottom bracket.