Ridley Noah RS Road Bike

4.25/5 (4 Reviews)

Ridley Noah RS(0x98608560)

Submitted by Dale a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: November 23, 2015

Strengths:    Great design, fits perfectly, comfortable on long rides. People say its gorgeous, I think its OK.

Weaknesses:    Not as responsive as an Orbea Orca, my previous bike. The stiffness in that frame was quicker, it was also brutal to ride over 4 hours.

Bottom Line:
I have the SRAM Force 22. It took a month to adjust to how it functions. I have had Shimano the rest of my riding life. Now it is smooth and second nature. The Force 22 is not as smooth as the Dura Ace on the Orca, but it has never failed me. I have just over 4000 miles and the shifting and braking is perfect. I am 6' 3" and 225. No problems with handling, cornering, downhill, it is silky and responsive.

Favorite Ride:   Indeed the Ridley is!

Purchased At:   Gear Outlet

Similar Products Used:   Specialized Roubaix, Orbea Orca

Submitted by Fung a Commuter

Date Reviewed: June 9, 2014

Strengths:    Fast and comfortable ride.

Weaknesses:    Unreliable design and prolong warranty claim.

Bottom Line:
I got my 2013 Noah RS from “Competitivecyclist” store. I had the bike for 7 months with no more than 500 miles of flat road riding. No race! I found 2 anomalies area during the cleaning.
1) 3/8” crack at the seat tube that holds the seatpost area.
2) A hair line crack underneath the seat tube area.
I had filed a warranty claim to Ridley on May 21, 2014. No response so far. I am still waiting for them to tell me what to do next. According to Ridley Warranty website, they did not indicate that the claim process will take times. It has been 19 days now without a word from them. For now, based on the reliability issues and prolong warranty process, I will not recommand to buy Ridley Bike until they fix the issues and provide better service. I will get back to this rewiew if I get a satisfy feedback from Ridley.

Favorite Ride:   Fast and comfortable

Purchased At:   Competitivecyclist

Bike Setup:   Ultegra 6800, Williams 58 system carbon wheelset with Continental Grandfix.

Submitted by Al a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: October 19, 2012

Strengths:    Performance, Build Quality, Finish

Weaknesses:    None found yet

Bottom Line:
Got my 2012 Noah RS (blue) with Red/Force Build. Love it! Climbs almost as good as my Helium....but much fast at same power output and definitely faster on downhills. Very stable on rough pavement, but not as harsh as other aerobikes I have ridden (Cervelo S3). Changed Wheels from Profile Armanda (never rode them) to my Zipp 404's, weighs in at 15.1 lbs and rides very comfortable. Very fast on flats. Tall head tube perfect for me! Maybe the best bike value for me ever, and I have had quite a few bikes. Might be slightly stiff for light riders, but perfect for me (5'11', 167 lbs) size Medium. It seems ti gobble up the road, just like my Helium. Geometry is identical. Noah RS just faster on flats and into wind.

Purchased At:   Competitive Cyclist

Similar Products Used:   Ridley Helium, Cervelo S3, Cervelo R3SL, Seven Axiom, Cervelo P2,

Bike Setup:   SRAM Red with Force FD, Zipp 404, Fizik Aliante, Conti Gp4000S (700x25)

Submitted by Fernando a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: September 22, 2011

Strengths:    Geometry. Stiff for big riders. Force Group.

Weaknesses:    Saddle and Handlebars.

Bottom Line:
Wanted an aero bike with a tall head tube for recreational riding and an ocassional multisport event and the Noah RS met all the requirements. This bike has beautiful shapes and great colors. The Force group is atractive and works awesome. It feels fast and comfortable. I am a heavy rider and the bike is stiff when I get out of the saddle. I find myself climbing and descending faster than on my old bike. I did not like the saddle changed it for and SMP (maybe because I am used to an SMP). The handlebar bent felt uncomfortable, changed it to an Easton no complaints now. P.S. Thank you Moment Cyles San Diego for all your help.

Favorite Ride:   Ridley Noah RS

Purchased At:   Moment Cycle San Die

Similar Products Used:   Trek 5200, Litespeed Tuscany, Cervelo P2K-SL.

Bike Setup:   Force Group. SMP Saddle. Easton EC90 stem and handlebars. Spinergy wheels. Speedplay pedals.