Scattante Americano Road Bike

Classy, elegant and beautifully dressed in blue, this high-class chassis is the perfect choice for those who understand the power of simplicity and function in a single speed or fixed gear platform.

* Chromoly frame and fork gives you a durable, smooth and swift ride

* Single speed drivetrain with 16T rear cog is simple and uncomplicated to maintain

* Cushy saddle and grips keep you cycling in comfort and ease

* Platform pedals with toe straps give you a secure fit and make entry and exit a cinch

* Tektro 510A dual-pivot brakes combine excellent stopping power with minimal effort

* Lightweight Alex R500 rims and Kenda tires will glide you down the road to happily ever after

Submitted by dan32888 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: January 25, 2010

Strengths:    Affordable
Lightweight (relatively)
Nice ride
Subtle (theft-deterrent)

Weaknesses:    No stock fixed cog
Strange handlebars
Wheels could be lighter
Brakes are not the best

Bottom Line:
I have put a few hundred miles on this bike and am satisfied overall. Recently, I installed a fixed cog on the flip-flop hub with the same gear ratio. There were two things that I thought I would change immediately but have since reconsidered. The handlebars are strangely bowed out and the tires are fairly wide. I have gotten used to the handlebars over a matter or weeks and I rarely need to inflate the tires for cruising around town because they hold so much air. There are mounting points for a rear wheel fender.

Purchased At:   Performance Bike