Schwinn 2007 Peloton Road Bike

N’Litened Black Label monocoque carbon fiber frame & Black Label Carbon Pro fork.

Shimano 105 10 drivetrain with Truvativ Elita SL compact crankset.

Formula CXR-6 wheelset and Schwalbe Blizzard Kevlar tires.

Ritchey Comp oversize bar / stem combo is lighter & stiff

Specifications:

Color(s) Schwinn Red/Pearl White
Size(s) S,M,L,XL
Frame Schwinn 'N'Litened' monocoque Black Label carbon fiber , Race geometry, IS standard integrated head tube, forged dropouts w/ replaceable hanger, and 2x H2O bottle boss.
Fork Schwinn Black Label Carbon Pro carbon fiber w/ 1 1/8" alloy steerer & forged dropouts.
Crankset Truvativ Elita SL compact forged alloy w/ 50/36T 7075 CNC chainrings.
Bottom Bracket Truvativ Giga X Pipe w/ external bearings
Rear Brake Tektro RX-40S single pivot caliper
Brake Levers Shimano 105 10sp STI
Handlebar Ritchey Comp 31.8 butted alloy, width to suit frame size
Stem Ritchey Logic Comp V2 31.8 3D forged w/ 4-bolt stem cap
Grips Schwinn gel tape with embossed star logo
Headset FSA IS-3 integrated ACB bearing Aheadset
Saddle SDG Bel Air SL
Seat Post Kalloy Carbon fiber with forged micro-adjust head. 31.6 x 350mm
Seat Clamp Schwinn forged / CNC w/ Cr-Mo Allen bolt
Extras 2 x 10, 2 x 5 extra headset spacers

Submitted by Jon Becker a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: May 26, 2009

Strengths:    Responsive frame: quick exceleration, stability in climbs, comfortable ride, attractive finish and decaling.

Weaknesses:    Stock saddle not for larger riders....switch it out if you're a bigger rider. Use the stock wheels for training with a heavier tire - buy some higher grade wheels for race day.

Bottom Line:
I'm 42, so I can't call myself much of anything anymore in terms of cycling..."recreational" is about the best term for me. I did race (road, criterium, TT) for several years in school and college, so I know something about what a competative cyclist wants and expects (I raced Serottas in the 80s and early 90s that I could NOT afford today with a family). The Peloton is VERY nice and comparable to bikes from other popular manufacturers. Whoever is manufacturing for Schwinn today is putting out very nice frames. Reading other reviews, I have to say I don't care if Schwinn sells bikes at Target or Wally World. I could care less. What I bought is an excellent bike (with guarantee) at a good price that no one with any cycling knowledge would confuse with a regular "civilian" bike off the rack.

Favorite Ride:   Anywhere without cars

Purchased At:   Performance

Similar Products Used:   Tested other carbon frames in the Peloton price range: Giant, Trek, Raleigh. All nice bikes, but I liked the Peloton better and the price was good.

Bike Setup:   I thought the Shimano 105 drive train, etc, was really nice for the money, but I prefer Campagnolo. I put a 2006 Centaur group on it with Mavic Open Pro wheels (Centaur hubs).

Submitted by turbotaz a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 19, 2007

Strengths:    -Smooth, comfortable ride from full carbon. Steady acceleration, solid 105 components for the price. -Gets lots of looks and comments for being a Schwinn Is good for girls

Weaknesses:    -People will think you bought it at Walmart and tell you that the real Schwinn is out of business. Trying to educate them gets tiring. You can get 2 of these bikes for the price of 1at Performance Bikes

Bottom Line:
This is my first road bike after riding a Hybrid for about 7 years. My requirements were a full carbon frame and comfortable geometry. I tested a Specialized Roubaix Elite, Trek Pilot and Giant OCR. I bought the Schwinn based primarily on price. I can't fairly compare it to the other bikes because I had it professionally fitted, but I actually like it better then any of the other bikes I tested, regardless of price. It absorbs a lot of vibration and is very stable on acceleration and at speed. I had it up to 27mph on a downhill and it was rock solid. I think at MSRP it gives up nothing in terms of build quality or components to the main brands. At a closeout price, it is simply a steal.

Purchased At:   Ebay