Schwinn Circuit Road Bike

• Rims: Weinmann DA-16 32 hole
  • Tires: Schwalbe Blizzard Sport 700x23

Submitted by hotspot1994 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: July 13, 2009

Strengths:    It is not as light as top of the line thousand dollar bikes, but if u are used to riding an old ten speed huffy, it could surprise u, i'd say it weighs between 3 to 7 pounds. I have owned this bike for two years and have had to make no repairs to the frame, chain or gearshift.

Weaknesses:    The only flaw i could find with this bike was the tires, for the first 3 months I had no problems, but then my tubes went flat. I didn't think anything of it at first, but then on my next ride they went flat again, and again. Finally I took the bike back to Scheels and had them look it over. They said that the tire sidewalls had cracked and were breaking penetrating the tubes. It was an easily settled problem, they gave me a discount on a set of bianchi tires that were guaranteed for 16,000 miles. And as a precaution I added slime tubes. I have had no problems since.

Bottom Line:
This bike is a great bike for beginners, and for people who don't have 8 or 900 dollars to fork out on a bicycle.
I purchased this bike two years ago as I was just entering the sport, since them i have done 2 ragbrais, tour de kotas, and several bikems sponsored rides. My longest ride has been 200 km and I've had no problems out on the road.

Favorite Ride:   Ragbrai