Schwinn Fastback Pro Road Bike

• Grips: Schwinn gel tape with embossed
  • Seat Post: Schwinn Reflex Carbon fiber

Submitted by Loren a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: February 19, 2007

Strengths:    Fast, smooth, Comfortable.
Tons of bike for the money.

Weaknesses:    Cheesy seatpost clamp.
Seatpost. It's 30 grams heavier than a Thomson that was 4 inches longer, and the clamp is a pain to adjust.
Frame really is long for it's size. A short stem cured this though. Next year's frames from Schwinn are shorter.

Bottom Line:
I promised more when I rode it more, so here it is. The bike's still holding together quite nicely. I changed out the seatpost clamp with a salsa, mainly because the clamp was cheesy, lots of take up before it felt tight, which meant something was doing alot of stretching. Changed the stem to a 70mm truvative, the 11 or 12cm one it came with was just way too long. I'm 5'8, short legs, long torso. Also changed out the saddle for a Brooks Professional. I like the Arionne alright, but after I rode the professional, I couldn't go back. So back to the bike. It rides great. I have a small creak coming from somewhere on the bike, but it's barely noticeable. I've been riding the bike since summer and it rides great. Smooth, fast, and comfortable. Love the bright orange color. Not neon, but still grabs your attention. I was charging up a steep hill yesterday, and noticed what I believed to be some wheel flex. It wasn't bad, but it made me wonder if my tire was going flat for a second. It's the first time I had noticed it, and it was a really steep hill, and I was hammering it up it with all I had (200lbs of pissed French Canadian). Bottom line, love the bike.

Favorite Ride:   Canby Ferry