Schwinn Le Tour GS Road Bike

• Formula Shawla 220 Wheelset
  • Continental Ultra Sport 28c Tires

Submitted by kubowsw a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: March 16, 2010

Strengths:    Quick, light for the money, great entry level bike.

Weaknesses:    Stock pedals are really bad and do not allow a size 12 foot to fit properly.

Bottom Line:
This is a great bike for the money, I am 230lbs and can break almost everything I ride. So far I have had no problems with my 2009 Le Tour Gs.

Favorite Ride:   Country roads

Purchased At:   Performance Bike

Similar Products Used:   None, only MTB products.

Bike Setup:   sora/tiarga

Submitted by chrisbruin a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: October 30, 2009

Strengths:    upgraded components (tiagra rear), saddle is solid and just a great overall starter bike

Weaknesses:    is a little noisy...will update

Bottom Line:
I just got this tonight....bought a Scattante 330 and it was too big didnt fit right for me....took it back to performance and got this. I am a brand new rider. I rode the Scattante and it tore up my backside after 5 miles...I just did 10 miles second time ever riding a road bike and I am ready to go tomorrow ....like it a lot

Purchased At:   Performance

Similar Products Used:   scattante 330, fuji newest 3.0, GT 4 series....tested them all and chose this

Bike Setup:   stock - sora with tiagra rear

Submitted by Rick Flores a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: September 2, 2009

Strengths:    Very light weight, fast, easy to shift gears, and fun to ride. Now that guy that use to pass me up with his bike, while I was riding my mountain bike, will think again. I now have an equalizer.

Weaknesses:    Nothing, that I can find

Bottom Line:
I purchased this bike a week ago. Previously had a Schwinn Mountain Bike. Converting from a mountain bike to a road bike is like night and day. I really enjoy this bike. It is very balanced and the folks at the bike shop did a wonderful job tunning up the bike. This bike for the price has all the features I need. I am looking forward to using this bike in future biking events. You are what you are with this bike. For me: by far, I just became a better and faster rider.

Favorite Ride:   State Park Trails

Purchased At:   Performance Bike Sho

Similar Products Used:   None

Bike Setup:   Just your average road bike. Most other bikes are very similare to this one.

Submitted by LeCoque a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: November 24, 2008

Strengths:    solid energy transfer for this level bike

Weaknesses:    I 'spose I'll have to take it to the LBS to get it adjusted once a season or so based on what I've read about Sora, but that is not to terribly inconvenient. Much less inconvenient than shelling out $1000 for a bike with 105's or higher.

Bottom Line:
Very happy with this bike.

Components, tires, seat etc, that come on the bike are more than adequate for a regular rider.

Favorite Ride:   White Rock Trail

Purchased At:   used

Similar Products Used:   rode my brother's Specialized with full Dura-Ace etc. a few times.

Bike Setup:   Sora with Ultegra on the rear, bike has carbon fiber forks, Xera rims....