Scott Addict R3 Road Bike

4.88/5 (16 Reviews)

2007 Scott Addict R3 Road Bike with Ksyrium ES wheels and SRAM Force Grouppo.

Submitted by jsprymak a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: July 11, 2011

Strengths:    Great acceleration, road feel, carbon smooth and comfortable. Superb handling going downhill and cornering. Nice looking. Don't see many around

Weaknesses:    Race geometry took alot of tweaking to get right. On some types of pavement road feel is a bit much, but isn't that with most high end bikes

Bottom Line:
Carbon race machine -I was looking at upgrading my 6 yr old lugged carbon frame. I wanted a lighter full carbon high performance peloton ready bike. I considered Supersix, Felt, BMC, Parlee but found everything I wanted in the Scott Addict. Amazingly acceleration, smooth silky ride, light, very stable, nice road feel and goes downhill with great confidence and speed. Just did a 200+ mile wknd ride with major climbs and loved every minute on this bike. Everything you'd want in a top end, race oriented machine. Too bad they are discontinuing in 2011. Will come out with more bling, internal cable routes, taper head tube, more aero I suppose. Todays bike its a great value.

Favorite Ride:   Lookout Mtn

Purchased At:   ebay

Similar Products Used:   Guru Racelite

Bike Setup:   Record group, ROL SL wheels

Submitted by badlight1066 a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: June 10, 2009

Strengths:    Light, stiff and excellent ride characteristics. Shimano Ultegra SL works great and very nice finish.

Weaknesses:    The Huchinson tires do not seem all that durable. None other than that so far.

Bottom Line:
Bike is a 2009. It is a very light and stiff frame that is also comfortable.

Favorite Ride:   Scott Addict

Similar Products Used:   Tried Specialized Tarmac and Trek Madone.

Bike Setup:   Ultegra SL and Mavic Ksyrium Elites.

Submitted by foxjb a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: March 4, 2009

Strengths:    Very light, my 110 lb wife's frame (53cm) is 840gm. Great handling, great appearance and solid feel. Smooth on the road. White lettering on black frame looks great!

Weaknesses:    I worry about the frame, not breaking, but being bumped, stressed etc since it is so light. But, more than 6 months later and 4000 miles, all is well.

Bottom Line:
A fast, stable and attractive frame that while being one of the very lightest frames made receives essentially very little coverage in the popular bike press. This is a 2008 R1 frame

Favorite Ride:   Lance agrees, it's Boone, NC

Purchased At:   Ebay new, uncut

Similar Products Used:   Litespeed Classic (S&S coupled), Giant TCR, (backup bikes to the R-1)

Bike Setup:   Mostly Record, Zero gravity ti brakes, Real Design 1380's, Deda stem, TTT bars, Pulsion (Stronglight) crank. 14.7 lbs (wheels and tires dependent on ride upcoming)

Submitted by Jerry Fox a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: March 4, 2009

Favorite Ride:   Lance agrees, it's Boone, NC

Purchased At:   Ebay new, uncut

Submitted by wkrajewski a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: September 12, 2008

Strengths:    Excellent riding characteristics, Very light (size L weight 5.7kg, 12.5lbs), yet stiff. SRAM Red rules!!! (I cannot wait until new Dura-Ace is available to compare)

Weaknesses:    You really have to be quite carefull with it because this frame looks so fragile.
M5 brakes are disputable in terms of their look, but they perform very well. However cleaning them is a nightmare. Also the question where I will buy spare chainrings for the VumaQuad crankset still remains without answer...

Bottom Line:
This bike was built on my own using multiple sources to choose the best and most wanted equipment and not to spend a fortune on it. I am very glad I succeded in the process and now I have a bike I've dreamt about. Of course you can argue about the selection of components or their aestetics/design, however, Scott addict frame is one of its kind with such a low weight.

Favorite Ride:   Kasztany, Jaroszki

Purchased At:   Local dealer + Gotta

Similar Products Used:   not personally but just something that migth be comparable in my opinion: BMC SLC-01, Cannondale SuperSix, Cervelo SLC-SL

Bike Setup:   Scott Addict r1 frame and fork, SRAM Red DoubleTap levers and F&R derailleurs, ZIPP 303 wheels, VumaCuad crankset and SL2 handlebar, M5 brakes, TIME Ulteam Ti Carbon pedals, SLR Kit Carbonio Flow saddle, Ritchey 4Axis Matrix Carbon stem, Wipperman chain, Nokon cables, Tufo <215gr tubulars, Scott carbon bottle cages. Also I initially had KCNC cassette but over time I get back to Dura-Ace one, as the shifting is much more smooth.

2011 Scott Addict R3

Hello everyone! Just getting into riding, I initially bought a hybrid because I didn’t know which way I wanted to go MTB or Road. After riding a 60 mile ride with a group (mostly roadies) I quickly realized that this was fun and I was no match for them and their light bikes. After a short debate ... Read More »

Cervelo R3 Ultegra or Scott Addict RC w/ dura ace?

I have been reading and reading and some more... Cervelo R3 has amazing reviews but can't find too much info on the Addict. 2012 Cervelo R3 Ultegra is going to be around same price as 2011 Addict RC built (14lb as it stands) with Dura ace comp. by LBS. I have also read about the frame problem wit ... Read More »

Scott Addict R3 up for sale.

[url=http://classifieds.roadbikereview.com/showproduct.php?product=27091&title=scott-addict-r3-with-full-rival-kitsize-xxs-47&cat=3]Scott Addict R3 with Full Rival kit. Size XXS (47) - RoadBikeREVIEW.Com[/url] Scott Addict R3 size XXS (47) with full Rival kit up for sale. Just posted.Read More »

Scott Addict R3 with integrated BB. Campag size?

Anyone advise what size Campag integrated (thread less) Ultra Torque BB cup I need for a Scott Addict R3 frame with integrated BB? Thanks in anticipationRead More »

Tire Clearance on 2009 Addict R3?

Boy, first thing I see is the question on the CX clearance. Then, I searched, and found a good thread on CR1 clearance. Just no info on Addict tire clearance. Does anyone know how big a tire I can fit on my Addict? I'm running Mavic Ksyrium SL's and DA 7800 gruppo. The chip/seal roads aroun ... Read More »