Scott Foil Road Bike

Submitted by Philipp Gerber

Date Reviewed: May 15, 2015

Strengths:    - Stiff
- Light
- Great wheel set (Mavic Cosmic Elite)

Weaknesses:    - SRAM Rival

Bottom Line:
I bought the 2012 Foil 30 (yellow) and have ridden it ever since. It's amazing how well it accelerates. It's so light and stiff.
I particularly like the wheels even though there might be stiffer and lighter products out there. The compact gearing is just right for where I live (Switzerland, hilly)
The SRAM Rival is ok but compared to the Shimano Ultegra I had before maybe not as smooth.
At just a bit above 7.6kg (with Time pedals) it's also fairly light.
It's a steal at CHF 2'800.- (USD 3'000.-) considering how much bike you get!

Submitted by TheSnide

Date Reviewed: April 11, 2014

Strengths:    Light weight, fast, stock component mix is great. Rails corners, sprints great, climbs like a goat.

Weaknesses:    Uber stiff. I've gotten use to the stiffness, but it is one of the stiffest, and unforgiving bikes I've ever ridden. That translate into quick acceleration, and a chattery ride over the long haul. Super tight tolerances.

Bottom Line:
I have 2012 Foil 15 with Di2. Di2 is fantastic. The stock parts mix is great. I've got 4k miles on it and other than an issue with the BB (Scott Took Care Of It) the bike has been fantastic. This is a race bike. As such all of the tolerances are super tight. SKS race blade long fenders work but barely. Forget about any tire choice bigger than 24/25. Sizing is sport on. I'm 5'8" and the 54cm fits like a glove with all stock stuff.

Submitted by SauronHimself a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: December 1, 2013

Strengths:    Very light, strong, stiff, corners well, Di2 shifting is lightening fast.

Weaknesses:    The stock handlebars make it a little difficult to reach the brake levers while riding in the drops.

Bottom Line:
I own a 2012 Scott Foil 15 which I bought for clearance for only $2749 in November 2012, so I definitely got a great deal on it. I'm very impressed by the bike so far as it is quick to accelerate and has very quick shifting thanks to the Ultegra Di2 setup. While intended to be more of a racing bike, it is still suitable for long rides and absorbs road vibrations adequately. I replaced the stock Mavic Cosmic Elites with ROL Race SL wheels, and when those got damaged in a crash with a drunk driver, I replaced them with November Rail 52s. Overall, the bike is extremely enjoyable and never dull to ride.

Bike Setup:   Drivetrain: Ultegra Di2 6770
Wheels: November Rail 52

Submitted by Sandy a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 2, 2013

Strengths:    Handles the bumps great! Picked up nearly 3 mph on my rides!

Weaknesses:    None so far.

Bottom Line:
This is for the Foil 40, the stock Syncros wheels were fine, put my Record group on it with race lite 2 wheels and Vittoria tires, and wow. I was a bit concerned that it would be a harsh ride, but it sort of floats over bumps vs mucking through them like my LOOK. So far so good!

Purchased At:   Chain Reaction Bikes

Similar Products Used:   Cannondale six 13, LOOK 566, Felt, Giant.

Bike Setup:   Campy Record with race lite 2's.