Serotta Sports Inc. HSG Custom Road Bike

HSG custom with Dure Ace 7900

Submitted by Alexander a Commuter

Date Reviewed: January 4, 2014

Strengths:    Everything. Paint. My frame is Niobium, which is the least corrosive of all steel frames. I noticed the frame where the seat stays meet the chain stays have a "hole" which not only looks cool and unique but lightens it. The craftsmanship of the frame blows even my Chesini Arena out of the water. That is custom Italian at its best.

Weaknesses:    None Price but you get what you pay for and this dogs any Trek 6.9/ Pinarello/ Cervelo/ custom European...you are paying for America's best...

Bottom Line:
I have ridden bikes all my life. I turned 39 and decided that I am sick of always seeing Colorado's and other sick Serottas...so I went on Ebay, and found a Colorado iii with all Dura Ace/ My birthday is best time of the year (Nov 3) so I scored a great deal. Thought of flipping this, so I rode it very limited at first and went back on my Trek and my Chesini. But for whatever reason, probably the Rotor crank has a lot to do with it and I guess Niobium, must be really light--but it climbs and accelerates better than any bike I have ever ridden. I have probably the easiest time making quick turns (like around tight corners if you bail on the sidewalk or between cars in traffic when its tight) and this thing just keeps getting better. I upgraded the seat post, the seat and the pedals and got it under 18 lbs....FOR STEEL and it has aluminum handlebars and stem (FSA K WING aluminum --LOVE THEM--and a Thomson). Hands down, best bike ever. Wheels and Dura Ace make no difference....this thing is awesome bc of the FRAME

Favorite Ride:   all of them wind rain snow bring it on

Purchased At:   Ebay yeah i scored

Similar Products Used:   Trek 1000 w low end Shimano, Trek Madone Ultegra, Chesini Arena with Campagnolo 8 speed Ergo, Litespeed Ti Palmares with DA 7800, Scott Speedster, Triek 500

Bike Setup:   DA 7900 Syncros Carbon Seat post, FSA K WING aluminum, Thomson stem, Rotor (Cervelo team edition crank) w NO Q rings (awesome), Time RSX speed pedals, and wheels depends on weather and need...Roval Carbon (dry long bumpy roads), Bontrager Race X lite (need for speed), or my Campagnolo Supoer Record on Campy rims (everyday/ bad weather)

Submitted by gearnut54 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: July 21, 2012

Strengths:    Beautiful carbon lugged frame. Gorgeous paint and finish. Rides super smooth, responsive handling and quick acceleration. Boutique bike cachet.

Weaknesses:    Pricey if you buy new, but I bought 2008 new frame at end of 2011.

Bottom Line:
Never, ever thought I'd own a CF Serotta. Been a huge admirer of Serrota since he was building USA Olympic rides. Quality, class, and legendary builder.

Purchased At:   Stan's Bikes of Monr

Similar Products Used:   2007 Specialized SWorks Roubaix.

Bike Setup:   SRAM Red groupo, John Cobb saddle, Thomson Elite post, DA pedals, custom White Mountain Wheels w White Industry hubs. Specialized CF ergo bars.

Submitted by Pete Mckeon a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: October 31, 2009

Strengths:    Handling, Responsiveness, looks

Weaknesses:    Have not found any yet

Bottom Line:
this is a 2009 with Compact Dure Ace Cranks and S3 Forks

Favorite Ride:   GW Bridge to NYACK NY