Sette Primo 1.0 Road Bike

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

The Primo is back with an updated graphics package and new parts kit. Underneath the new color scheme is...

Submitted by gej a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 28, 2015

Strengths:    sturdy frame smoothes the bumps, comfortable geometry for longer rides, super duper value

Weaknesses:    seat wasn't so hot, but I had my own anyway so I was going to swap it out regardless

Bottom Line:
I've had this bike for 3 years now and it's been wonderful. I was in a pretty hairy accident recently and the bike fared pretty darn well; above all the frame and fork were in great shape (I wasn't). Mine came with the 105 group and Mavic Askium wheels, and all work really well. I'm about to upgrade my wheels, upgraded my rear derailleur (Ultegra) and a few other things due to the accident. I recommend this ride without reservation. I've loved the comfortable geometry on longer rides, how it smoothes out the many bumps, and that it came decent components. Plus, you'll have lots of money left in your wallet for other things, like a nice set of bibs, shoes, helmet, and hydrating beer. From my experience, I'd definitely say you shouldn't necessarily be wooed by the big brands - there are lots of other contenders out there making pretty great bikes for less money. I don't know how, but they do - Sette did. Me likey. I'd probably give it a 4.5 overall, rounding up to 5, quite happily.

Submitted by Eric B

Date Reviewed: March 7, 2013

Strengths:    Price, component set

Weaknesses:    Saddle was not right for me, matte finish is impossible to keep clean. Shifter lever for rear derailuer sticks sometimes (won't release back). Slightly annoying but never an issue to pull it back in when it happens. I haven't been bothered enough to pull the cable and see if I can clear it.

Bottom Line:
I paid $1500 and have ridden for almost 2 years, many miles, many climbs. I keep up with all the guys on much more expensive bikes. This is my first road bike since an old steel panasonic frame I inherited many years ago so not much to compare to. The carbon smooths out the road, it feels stiff when climbing or accelerating, decends like a champ and I just don't see how switching to a much more expensive bike is going to get me anything but poorer. Absolutely reccomend this bike. Looking at Sette mountain bikes to add a 29er to the quiver.