Sette Vicci Road Bike

Full Carbon Frame road bike with 9 speed cassette. Shimano Tiagra Components, with Shimanon WH-R500 Wheelset.

Submitted by Ernie a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: September 8, 2010

Strengths:    An awesome bike at an awesome price. The frame is responsive and stiff where it needs to be. The components alone are worth the money. So far I have no complaints.

Weaknesses:    If there is one thing I can say is that there is not enough people talking about these bikes. I wish there had been more reviews on them. It would have made my purchase easier.

Bottom Line:
I was a little skeptical spending so much money for a brand/bike that that I did not know that much about. I went on their website SetteBikes.com and it made me feel a lot more comfortable with my purchase. They seem to be heading in a new, high quality direction. Anyway, the bike arrived and if had more than enough packing material to protect it. It was even double boxed! When I pulled the bike out, I was gratified. My purchase was well worth any heartburn i might have had to buy the bike. I ride a few times per week and this bike has already made me smile thinking of how much money I saved on such a quality piece. I am very happy with my purchase

Favorite Ride:   Sette Forza Pro

Purchased At:   Price Point.com

Similar Products Used:   GTR Series 2

Submitted by aflatfoot a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: May 20, 2009

Strengths:    Lightwieght (again for the $$$), Nice finish, handles well, smooth ride but not sloppy, good blend of components.

Arrived well packaged and in order as promised.

Weaknesses:    Saddle is junk. I contacted the manufacturer to get torque specs for the stem, headset tension, and seatpost binder almost a month ago with no response. I contacted the vendor, pricepoint.com, they said they would get back to me three weeks ago, still no response. Torque specificatins on carbon steerer tubes and carbon frames are very important and should be included for proper assembly.

The bike seems to be performing as promised, but be aware that you are pretty much on your own with this particular item. My rating reflects the lack of technical information and customer support that is available.

Bottom Line:
So far, a good bike with nice component selection for the money, put poor technical support on the part of the seller and manufacturer. I had a hard time finding information on this line of road bikes, I hope other Sette owners will share their experiences

Favorite Ride:   Anyone that doesn't get me killed

Purchased At:   PricePoint.com

Similar Products Used:   My first road bike in a long time. My former road bike was a 1990 Miele. Followed by a succession of mountain bikes and my beloved RANS Rocket recumbent.

Bike Setup:   FSA Cockpit and cranks, Maxxis Detonator Tires, Cheap Nashbar Look KEO clone pedals, Tiagra drivetrain and shifters. E3 saddle (from Performance Bike).