Specialized 2010 Roubaix Comp Compact Road Bike

4.5/5 (4 Reviews)

The Roubaix pioneered the endurance road category and is still the best bike for riding longer and faster.

Submitted by igob4u a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: February 27, 2011

Strengths:    Strong and compliant all in one

Weaknesses:    105 group set

Bottom Line:
This is a 2010 comp model. I bought this bike in Feb 2010 and put 2,500 miles on it in the 1st year. I need to mention that I got a BG fit at my LBS at the time of purchase and have made no adjustments in 2,500 miles! This fit process is spot on. I'm a heavier rider (225 lbs) and while this bike is comfortable it really responds when you step on it. I was amazed while climbing at how well it responded, even at my weight. The 105 group has performed well thus far and I too changed out the stock tires. They were comfy but didn't roll well. The bike came with the Toupe saddle and that was changed after just a few rides. I felt like I spent a weekend in jail after just 50 miles. I now have the Romin saddle and couldn't be happier. Overall, I really enjoy riding this model and would recomend it to all. I should also mention that I have had disc sugery twice and am still able to do centuries without much discomfort.

Favorite Ride:   Newark, DE to Kennet Square, PA & back

Purchased At:   Brandywine Cyclery,

Bike Setup:   Shimano 105 groupo
Continental 4000 tires
Garmin Edge 705
Romin comp gel saddle

Submitted by jmtrigg a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: January 9, 2011

Strengths:    smooth ride
nice componets
zertz inserts
great for hill climbs

Weaknesses:    Horribly cheap wheelset that will need upgrading soon

Bottom Line:
At first loved the bike. Smooth ride, easy quick shifting, and pretty fast. Bought the bike and it was time to put it to work. Rode some pretty steep hills in the SF Bay area. Put 80 miles on it in one week and the wheelset is falling apart and the LBS has to get me new ones b/c i could have killed myself coming down some hills. Then tension in my spokes is completly shot. And now i have spent all this money on a bike that is sitting my the shop waiting for new wheels.

Favorite Ride:   2010 Roubaix comp Compact

Similar Products Used:   Giant Defy advanced 2

Submitted by gary hopkins a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: August 22, 2010

Strengths:    handles easy, smooooth, quick and responsive, climbs like it has a motor

Weaknesses:    none

Bottom Line:
the best ride ever on the road I have ever had. the bike is so smooth on the bumps, shifts great, fit and finish is superb, i am so glad i bought this bike, every dollar is worth it.

Bike Setup:   ultegra on all components except for custom wheel set for a heavier rider (240 lbs)

Submitted by DocC3 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: July 17, 2010

Strengths:    Sram drive train and brakes
Ride comfort, handling and acceleration

Weaknesses:    None identified

Bottom Line:
I purchased my Roubaix Comp primarily for sprint triathlons, training and club rides. My bike has full Sram Rival. Stock equipment includes Rival front and rear derailleurs and brakes. I had my LBS change out the stock Sram crank for a Rival and the stock 105 cassette for a Rival cassette. The Rival drive train and brakes are great for sprint triathlons. The bike course is most often 14-15 miles with lots of turns and short climbs and descents. Both the brakes and the shifters are very positive and quick. The Specialized frame rides smooth, but has great handling and acceleration. In fast club rides or in triathlons, the Roubaix has performed.

Favorite Ride:   Fox River trail and country roads in Kane County Illinois