Specialized Allez Comp Apex Compact Road Bike

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

Stiff, light, race-inspired Allez Comp offers great acceleration and handling—perfect for aspiring racers, or as a winter training bike for more accomplished veterans. 10-speed SRAM Apex and upgraded wheels give this bike race-ready performance.

Submitted by Manny a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: January 8, 2012

Strengths:    Looks good, good entry level components for the cost, stiff, fast reaction, things a billy goat on climbs.

Weaknesses:    Weak crankset, not knocking the chain ring since its SRAM Red. It uses low end crank arms labled S100 and uses a powerspline BB, also low end. Stock wheels what can you do, and seat post is alloy rapped in carbon...

Bottom Line:
Well I started biking recently because I needed to get in some kind of shape. So I decided to go riding. Started out with my MTB which is no slouch. I then decided to purchase a road bike and looked around for 2 months. I had my eyes on specialized from the start, because they really are good looking bikes. Looked at Treks/Fuji/Cannons/Raleigh and allot of other entry level bikes. Then I saw this bad boy on sale. I haven't looked back since. Rides like a dream, has good components, fast, reacts faster and looks great. I wasn't disappointed.

Favorite Ride:   GMR/SART

Purchased At:   Incycle @ San Dimas

Similar Products Used:   Fuji, Trek (Old Trek) hand me down.

Submitted by croatianinja a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 23, 2011

Strengths:    components, stiffness, looks, 2x10

Weaknesses:    21 lbs

Bottom Line:
i bought this bike on craigslist for $900 as an entry level road bike. for the money, wow. it feels like a pro race bike, and it looks like one too. and it has components found on bikes double the price. in 2 months i have already put 2000 miles on it and loved all of it. the double tap 2x10 took some getting used to, but it is easier to use, and 20 speeds is more than enough. the lowest gear on it is very low compared to most road bikes, making long climbs easy. i really love this bike, and it is defiantly race worthy and worth upgrading.

Favorite Ride:   hwy 2 up mt wilson