Specialized Allez Elite Double Road Bike

• Higher-quality, more comfortable Body Geometry Avatar Gel saddle

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Ezana Kebede

Date Reviewed: October 1, 2012

Strengths:    I have had this Allez Elite 2010 for two summer now. My first road bicycle and enjoyed every bit of it. The gear shifts with no problem and do accelerate with no issue.

Weaknesses:    The sit could be hard and need to get used to after a long ride. But I guess this part of riding a bike.

Bottom Line:
    Purchased my bike for $1250 at Cycle Life, in Washington D.C. A much better bicycle than the Fuji from Performance. This an excellent bike for a beginner.

Submitted by Calvin C. a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: February 14, 2011

Strengths:    Mine came with solid 105 components, great stock saddle, the double crankset worked wonders.

Weaknesses:    No places for panniers (which most people don't need for this bike anyway).

Bottom Line:
    Great bike! I used my Allez Elite Double on two trans-am trips, and I have no complaints. This isn't a traditional touring bike, I went on supported trips, but I enjoyed riding every minute on it. The double crankset was enough for me to cross the mountains twice. If you're looking for a fun bike to ride regularly with groups, or do some racing, I think it's a great and dependable bike. I can't recommend it enough.

Favorite Ride:   Trans-Am

Purchased At:   Boise, ID

Similar Products Used:   n/a

Bike Setup:   Completely stock

Submitted by Stu_the_weak a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: January 27, 2010

Strengths:    Realiable as gravity. Solid as a rock. Sure footed as a mountain goat.

Weaknesses:    Brakes are weak, but if you are like me...just don't use them.

Bottom Line:
    Been riding her up and down hills in the Ozarks (Arkansas). The double takes some getting use to for someone who lost his virginity on a triple. Though after you get the feel of her you can stand up on the big wheel (53 teeth) and she sails up any hill. I'd wager you can't buy a better bike at twice the price...please someone prove me wrong. Mechanics are flawless (105) and never need anything but minor lube and adjustment every 6 months.

Favorite Ride:   When I have no destination...

Purchased At:   Ebay

Similar Products Used:   Only a Trek 400 which is old skool in comparison.

Bike Setup:   All stock except for Michelan Krylons and double application of handle bar tape.

Submitted by tav1 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 18, 2009

Strengths:    Smooth, comfortable

Weaknesses:    Seat may be a little firm but not bad really.

Bottom Line:
    Purchased 2010 Allez Elite recently and am very pleasantly surprised at how great a bike this. Nimble, comfortable, smooth, couldn't ask for much more. Strongly recommended. If you live near Seattle, Bicycles West in Tukwilla is a good place to buy your bike.

Favorite Ride:   Allez Elite Double

Purchased At:   Bicycles West - Tukw

Similar Products Used:   Fuji Roubaix Pro

Submitted by mdaugherty a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: July 16, 2008

Strengths:    Frame and the baseline component set of Shimano 105, even though I upgraded the rear derailleur.

Weaknesses:    Came with a Sugino crankset that had issues with getting torque settings. LBS work with Specialized and replaced it with better FSA crankset.

Bottom Line:
    Solid bike for the money. I did upgrade the rear derailleur, brakes and wheels. I like the feel of the frame and the carbon fork and seatpost dampen the road noise. This is a solid ride that I enjoy each and every time I ride. I have owned the bike for one and a half years now and have put 6000 miles on it.

Favorite Ride:   Saturday Morning Club Ride

Similar Products Used:   Trek 2200.

Bike Setup:   Ultegra SL Rear Derailleur and Brakes. Shimano 105 Shifter and Front Derailleur. 2008 Shimano 105 Pedals. Velocity Fusion front rim and Velocity Deep V rear rim laced with CX Ray Spokes to Ultegra Hubs. (Hand built wheels)

Allez Elite Double

First time poster and my first road bike. I got this yesterday on a mountain bike trade. Owner thought it was an 08 but I think it is an 06. He gave me a set of Ritchey Pro-V4 clipless pedals and a pair of Pear Izumi Juice R2 shoes to go with it. I had the LBS put it on their scale and it weighed 20 ... Read More »

allez double compact elite vs. allez sport

can anyone tell me which is the better buy. im new to road cycling. im in canada and the allez sport is $1000 plus tax and the elite double compact is $1428 plus tax on sale and is regular $1647. the sport has all sora components and double has all 105. is it worth it to pay the extra 400 for the 1 ... Read More »

'05 Tarmac Comp vs. '05 Allez Elite Double

After spending the summer on my MTB, I'm ready to go and also get a road bike. I spent the last half of the summer on my '05 Hardrock Sport with a 2nd set of Mavic Rims and 1.25" Specialized FatBoy Slicks... I've decided on the geometry of the Allez or Tarmac (very similar) instead of the Roubai ... Read More »

Tarmac Comp vs. Roubaix Elite Double vs. Allez Comp ??

So I'm starting to shop for my first real road bike. I have a relatively solid background in sports but this is my first genuine attempt at getting into cycling. I tried a few years ago but thrashed my shoulder (I'm young and got messed up surfing) and aborted that attempt. Now I'm starting to r ... Read More »

Allez Comp Double or Roubaix Elite Double

Please Help. I've been riding my mountain bike with road slicks for 2 years. It's time to buy a road bike. I want to go in above entry level because I already know I like the road ride, I just don't know whether full carbon or Aluminum mix is right for me. I'm not a hammer, but keep up with th ... Read More »