Specialized Dolce Sport Road Bike

Headset: 1 1/8" integrated Intellaset
Front Der: Shimano Sora Triple, bottom-pull/clamp-on 31.8mm
Crankset: Specialized Comp, 30/42/52 teeth
Rear Der: Shimano Tiagra GS
Pedals: composite body, cr-mo spindle
Tires: 700 x 23c Specialized All Conditions Pro

Submitted by Maura Bradley

Date Reviewed: October 2, 2013

Strengths:    Good bike for Winter riding

Weaknesses:    Brake levers are large for a woman's hand rendering them inefficient for quick braking. Reach from top to bottom is too long for a smaller hand and therefore dangerous. I sold the bike on for that reason. Bike is also quite heavy.

Bottom Line:
It's a pity that a bike which is woman specific does not address the matter of the brake levers which are man sized and quite stiff.

Submitted by grace a Commuter

Date Reviewed: August 19, 2011

Strengths:    it climbs hills well and is amazing at cruizing and gaining speed. it is light and perfect for transport.

Weaknesses:    nope!

Bottom Line:
im a 13 year old, whos 5' 8 1/2" and so its hard to finda bike that fits my hight, and my age group styling. this bike is perfect

Favorite Ride:   around town with hills

Purchased At:   mikes bikes

Similar Products Used:   none

Bike Setup:   easy and nothing needed

Submitted by Sweet Georgio a Commuter

Date Reviewed: September 30, 2010

Strengths:    Perfect for a women's physique.

Weaknesses:    Took the gears a while to 'bed in', and on the middle gear still sounds like it's complaining a bit.

Also could do with a few more gears for going up steep hills.

Bottom Line:
Brilliant bike for tall women who normally ride men's bikes!

I have the XL (57cm) frame, which suits my body so much more than a 56 or 58cm men's bike. It's long enough for my legs (obviously it's an adjustable seat so it's also good for shorter legged ladies) and doesn't make my back feel uneccesarily elongated.

It's fast, responsive, comfortable, lightweight, and looks god. I have always preferred the size and appearance of men's bikes, and this bike by no means looks like a pansy women's version.

Favorite Ride:   Specialized Dolce Sport

Purchased At:   Edinburgh Bicycle Co

Submitted by rollacoasta a Commuter

Date Reviewed: January 19, 2010

Strengths:    Fast, lightweight, simple gear change, great handling, top bar brake levers if required, short reach, short drop, easy steering, great colour scheme.

Weaknesses:    Nowhere I can see to put a D-Lock bracket on the bike. It's a very small frame, so I think it will just hit my leg if I put it on there. So I'm carrying mine in my back-pack ;-)

Bottom Line:
I bought this bike yesterday. I commute 25 miles each day from Essex to the West End of London, and my previous bike was a Marin Larkspur hybrid. Which did the job, but the Dolce - my goodness. The difference in speed, agility, handling is amazing. I felt like I was flying this morning. It's great for shorter people as it's built for women and has a short reach and short drop. It's so lightweight I can lift it with one hand over my head to take it up/down stairs. I'm super impressed with this bike.

I read a lot of reviews comparing this bike with others in the same price range before I bought it - and I'm very pleased with my choice.

Favorite Ride:   Specialised Dolce