Specialized S-Works Roubaix SL3 Compact Road Bike

The smoother, faster S-Works Roubaix SL3 features a super light and stiff FACT 10r carbon frame with our uniquely shaped, tapered head tube, In-Zertz vibration dampers, and full internal cable routing—the same frame that won the grueling Paris-Roubaix race; with Pro-Tour proven Dura-Ace components, Specialized SL FACT carbon cranks, and DT Tricon tubeless wheels.

Submitted by Michael W a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 18, 2015

Strengths:    - Handling
- Compliance
- Tall Head Tube
- Lifetime warranty

Weaknesses:    - None I can find.

Bottom Line:
Very easy to handle relative to standard geometries. This tends to become more important, the more tired one becomes (like descending at the end of long rides with a bunch of climbing). Race bikes are, for me, kind of twitchy. Nothing of the sort here, just smooth and easy steering with the longer wheelbase.

The longer head tube means that you don't have to stretch out, and makes riding in the drops much more accessible (especially with shallow drop bars).

If you're looking for an endurance bike, I can find no fault with the S-Works Roubaix SL3.

PS...I had an SL2, but heard a slight noise when going over bumps. Sent the frame to Specialized and they warrantied me a new SL3.