Specialized S-Works Roubaix SL3 Dura-Ace Road Bike

With three consecutive victories at Paris-Roubaix, the S-Works Roubaix's smoother, faster combination of torsional rigidity and vertical compliance is proven superior in long, grueling races. Dura-Ace shifting for proven performance.

• Frame: S-Works Roubaix FACT 11r carbon
  • Fork: S-Works FACT carbon full monocoque w/ Zertz inserts
  • Handlebars: S-Works SL Carbon, shallow drop
  • Brake Levers: Shimano Dura-Ace STI, flight deck compatible
  • Cassette: Shimano Dura Ace, 10-speed, 11-28t

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by STLmaster a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: February 12, 2015

Strengths:    Very comfortable for it's stiffness.

Weaknesses:    A bit pricey, but worth every penny.

Bottom Line:
    I purchased the pure white 2015 S-Works Roubaix (with the ghost S-Works decals) frame set (54CM) and absolutely love it! I've been riding an ancient Cannonade Six13 and I just turned 54, so I decided I needed to start riding something with a bit more relaxed ergos, but didn't want to sacrifice too much on the performance side -- this Roubaix fits the bill perfectly for me.

A lot of the reviews that I read while researching this bike led me to believe that there would be a dramatic improvement in the smoothness of it's ride, but I don't really notice it being THAT much better. What I do notice is that my power meter is telling me that this bike does a MUCH better job of getting the power to the rear wheel. My power output went up dramatically while the comfort level remained about the same... so that's a very good trade off in my book. The taller head tube does help relieve more stress on my neck, and I do like that a lot. This bike is much more stable than my Connondale, and I consider that a plus -- all these reviews that I read from these "experts" complaining about slow steering are just nit-picking. I prefer a stable ride over a twitchy ride any day -- I have zero problems negotiating hazards or maneuvering around knuckleheads on twitchy bikes.

I can't wait for Spring so that I can get out and do some competitive club rides on this thing!

Purchased At:   Bike Surgeon, O'Fall

Bike Setup:   2014 Ultegra group, DT Swiss RR440 Rims (Dura Ace front and Power Tap rear hub), ZIPP Contour SL Bars

Submitted by MJCBH

Date Reviewed: April 13, 2012

Strengths:    Comfortable - smooth and compliant (is it the Zertz inserts??) yet stiff and responsive enough for me. Very stable on the descents

Weaknesses:    None so far, other than the price

Bottom Line:
    I bought the frame used and used my own wheels (HED Jet 6 and Ardennes) so it was a bit cheaper to build. I race on this as well as ride long centuries and double centuries. This rides better than my prior Trek Madone/5200 and Orbea Orca. It's super comfortable and smooth yet I don't feel like there's any power wasted. I'm a small rider so I don't generate a lot of power though. Not as responsive as C-dale Super Six Evo but more comfortable.

Submitted by 2wheelerrideon a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: December 2, 2011

Strengths:    light, stiff and rides great.

Weaknesses:    a bit pricey, but saved money by purchasing frame and building it up myself.

Bottom Line:
    2012 model that I bought as a frameset then built it up with dura ace. Having been riding a madone sl for the last 4 years, this bike rides much better. It is crazy light and the zerts seem to lesson the harshness of the road.

Favorite Ride:   local loop

Similar Products Used:   06 madone 5.9sl

Bike Setup:   sworks frame, dura ace componets, mavic sl premium wheels

Submitted by Rah a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 15, 2011

Strengths:    Smooth, featherlight feeling

Weaknesses:    None so far

Bottom Line:
    Drives as smooth as a feather, accellerates and climbs like hell, is simply a wonderful bike for long distance tours.

Favorite Ride:   Hilly tours

Similar Products Used:   Colnago CX-1, Roubaix Pro SL

Bike Setup:   SW SL3 red size L oversized BB, Campy SR titan, FSA k-force stem, bar, seatpost; shamal ultra 2wayfit; toupe pro; tune dc 14, ultremo zx, maxxis fly weight, CS 200CAD, 14,8lbs in total

Submitted by Bike'em a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: February 13, 2011

Strengths:    Dura-Ace, built in ports for the Di2 ready. Frame is super light and very compliant.

Weaknesses:    Dur-Ace wheels. As for me not a fan. They are nice and very comfortable, but I prefer the Mavic Ksyrium SL Premium

Bottom Line:
    I recently purchased a 2011 Specialized Roubaix S-Works Project Black. Incredible bike. I have a 52 which weighed in just under 15 lbs without the pedals. Extremely comfortable ride for the long hauls.

Purchased At:   Local Shop