Specialized Sequoia Comp Road Bike

Frame Material: Specialized A1 aluminum, Zertz carbon seat stays
Frame Angles: 72.0 head, 74.0 seat
Sizes: xsmall, small, medium, large, xlarge
Colors: Brushed/Navy Blue
Pedals: Not included
Tires: 700 x 26c Specialized All Conditions Spo

Submitted by Frank a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 8, 2010

Strengths:    Zertz-carbon fiber dampening works for me. the wheelset looks nice, the extra brake levers helped me a lot in long trips, seat is comfortable. The silver color is awesome. Very comfortable ride.

Weaknesses:    none

Bottom Line:
This is my first road bike, I also have a Cannondale Saeco but I had to sell that bike since this one is the one for me.

Favorite Ride:   Specilaized bikes

Purchased At:   Craigslist

Similar Products Used:   Cannodale Saeco, Fuji

Submitted by john reid a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: September 11, 2009

Strengths:    none

Weaknesses:    pretty much everything except the saddle

Bottom Line:
I have been riding specialized bike on and off ror twenty years this is the worst bicycle I have ever owned. This summer I rode it across Canada from Halifax to Calgary I had to replace the entire brake system ths raer derailer blew up it has a seriously bad high speed wobble it"s slow compared to the Cannondale that my friend used.

Favorite Ride:   there were no favourite rides on this bike

Purchased At:   the bike shop

Similar Products Used:   nothing has been this bad

Bike Setup:   constant repair

Submitted by Darin a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 4, 2007

Strengths:    Durable construction, good fit for short rider.

Weaknesses:    Seat post squeaks a little.

Bottom Line:
This is a great bike! I have ridden for over 1500 miles in 14 months, and had absolutely no problems. I have read of problems with the Alex 330 rims, but I haven't seen it. I am 41 years old, and about 195 lbs. This frame fits a short rider (I am 5'8") better than any other I looked at. Dura Ace/Ultegra combo is very smooth. I love the look of the brushed aluminum frame.

Favorite Ride:   Bandelier Loop - Los Alamos, NM

Bike Setup:   Standard 2005

Submitted by th11515 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: January 17, 2007

Strengths:    Smooth, DURABLE!

Weaknesses:    not the fastest bike on the block, but I don't think anyone looking at this bike is attempting to qualify for the Tour.

Bottom Line:
This bike is a tank. 8 of us took one on a cross country bike trip, and through the dessert, up the mountains, and on the plains, they were smooth sailing the whole way. I think of this bike as a cadillac: it's not the fastest, but it is durable, a smooth ride, and it will get you there in style. I would get them again if I were going on a long tour. I now use it for my commute to work, and it is such a great ride.

Favorite Ride:   Long and Hard

Bike Setup:   Standard 2005 setup

Submitted by Roady1 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: January 21, 2006

Strengths:    Ergonomic geometry, comfortable frame and seat. Outstanding derailleurs with the Shimano STI.

Weaknesses:    Set up not easy to find. New 2006 bike lack this equipment for the value. Alex wheels may need upgrade based on other user feedback; first 3 months have run well.

Bottom Line:
2005 Specialized Sequoia Comp is a comfortable, strong riding bike. The aluminum frame, carbon forks and Zertz work well to reduce vibrations and extend road trips. The Shimano Ultegra front and Dura Ace rear derailleurs are exceptionally well matched, giving smooth controlled shifting. The slightly raised front frame geometry provides a more ergonomic ride, yet allows power generation when needed. The reduced standover dimension is a real bonus for those with a shorter inseam. A great bike for those over 30 who still want to enjoy a challanging ride!

Favorite Ride:   Chilly Hilly

Purchased At:   Greggs Cycle

Similar Products Used:   Cannondale Sport Road 800 and 1000
Giant 1.2

Bike Setup:   Standard 2005 Comp setup: Aluminum frame, carbon forks. Shimano Ultegra groupo, with upgraded Dura Ace rear. Avatar saddle, Alex 330 wheels. 52/42/30 chainring with 12x25 cassette. Cat Eye Astrale 8, lights, full fenders, water bottle holder and frame pump added for commutes.

08 Sequoia Comp 61 cm

After being rear ended and having my bike destroyed, I finally got the insurance check. However, the model I had my heart set on, 08 Sequoia Comp is not available at any of the LBS in New England. Anyone have an idea how I might be able to find this particular bike? Thanks:(Read More »

Cannondale R bikes vs. Specialized Sequoia Comp

After putting 500 miles or so on my 2004 Specilized Sequoia Comp, I am thinking about upgarding\moving to a different bike. I have a few areas of concern that I'd like to address, and am hoping that some of you veterans can help me out. Fit: My bike is a medium with a 54.5 effective top tube. ... Read More »