Tommaso Aggraziato Road Bike

4.16/5 (19 Reviews)

• 2.4 LBS Full-Carbon Fiber Monocoque Frame!
  • New Shimano Ultegra 20 Speed Components
  • Genuine Italian high performance Vittoria Zaffiro race tires

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Bryan

Date Reviewed: August 15, 2014

Strengths:    It's light, stiff and priced right. Nice Ultegra 6800 Group. Nice paint and sexy internal cable routing. Workmanship is excellent. Full carbon frame, fork and seat post. About 18lbs with pedals, computer and bottle cages. Front fork flex's a little front to back and absorbs road bumps nicely. Laterally it's nice and stiff. I don't notice and flex in the turns.

Weaknesses:    Not sure about resale value since the name is still re-growing. Tommasso was originally an Italian company from the 80's the went belly up. The guys in CO bought the name and started designing frames to put that name on. Some older riders will remember the name but that was a different company. There is nothing Italian about these bikes anymore.

Bottom Line:
    This is my first road bike. I just needed something to train on for my MTB races. I'm not looking to be with the "in" crowd of roadies so the brand didn't matter. After spending some time on the phone with the sales/support folks I felt their hearts were in the right place, they were getting their frames built from the same Asian manufacturers as everyone else and they are selling them at bargain prices so the risk was low.
    It looks like each year they produce 1 "road race" frame design then equip the different bikes with different component groups from Shimano and Sram.
    My bike arrived with a bad rear hub. It wasn't rolling freely and was causing chain slap when coasting. They sent me a new wheel right away and shipping paid to return the bad one. Nice one guys. Excellent support on their part.
    I've only had it one the road for about 100 miles so far but everything is working great. Really loving this bike. A full carbon Ultegra bike delivered for less than $2k? awesome.

Submitted by Ken Manning a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: August 1, 2014

Strengths:    I got the Aggraziato 1.0 and had a failure of the drive-side chain stay. Giantnerd (the sellers) agreed to replace the frame immediately. Unfortunately, Tomasso had some manufacturing issues, so the replacement took a couple of months. Giantnerd felt that I waited so long that they replaced THE ENTIRE bicycle. The new came with a faulty Mavic hub. They replaced THE ENTIRE wheel. I love the bike, and I really love Giantnerd.

Weaknesses:    The hills are still steep around here.

Bottom Line:
    A great bike from great people.

Purchased At:   Giantnerd

Submitted by Jay Z

Date Reviewed: August 16, 2012

Strengths:    Snappy, stiff and responsive - You get on the bike and it wants to GOOO!!

Weaknesses:    None...

Bottom Line:
    I have the Aggraziato with the Ultegra 6700 group set and it's just an amazing bike. I have 2,000 miles on it since purchasing it about 18 months ago. No problems with the frame, little tuning needed right out of the box - I acutally put 150 miles on it beofre even bringin it into the local shop. It's the last bike I will buy..

Submitted by Terry O'Farrell

Date Reviewed: March 10, 2012

Strengths:    Stiff, reasonably light, looks great, stealth - all black,

Weaknesses:    Brand name is not well known yet,

Bottom Line:
    I really like this bike. I have had it for 2 years with the Dura Ace Gruppo on it. Paid $2500 for the bike all told and have put over 4000km on it during the 2 years. Since I am a big guy, I think that the stiffness has been good for me as I have never felt this flex. I feel I don't get numb from the road vibration also. The best thing about it has been the value for the money. It is not the highest end road bike out there, but the comments about the carbon seem to me to be false as my experience has been great. I live in Canada in Niagara region and have used it to climb the escarpment or the Halton Hills near Burlington/Oakville etc. It has never let me down and the weight of the bike is ok.

Submitted by Don Moreaux a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: July 15, 2011

Strengths:    - Power seems to go directly to the wheel, and not lost on bike.
    - Compact works for me, though I could use a bit wider range for climbs.

Weaknesses:    Very still tail geometry. Would benefit from changning rear geometry to absorb some of the road vibration

Bottom Line:
    This is my first full-carbon, having spent years on an aluminum. Very responsive on climbs and accelerating on flats. Can't say I notice much vibration for how stiff the frame is, except in the tail.
    For non-ultraserious riders like myself, I would recommend this bike.
    I love this bike!

Favorite Ride:   Galena Summit - Sun Valley, ID

Purchased At:   Giantnerd

Similar Products Used:   Test road Cannondale Synapse and Scott CR1 prior to purchasing this bike.

Bike Setup:   2x10 Shimano Ultegra 6600 derailleur
    Tektro R350 brakes
    56 frame and 172.5mm crank
    Tomasso Race seat with Tomasso post

Tommaso Aggraziato same as Scattante CFR?

I've been looking for a new bike and 2 of my choices are the The Scattante CFR([url]http://www.performancebike.com/shop/profile.cfm?SKU=23647&subcategory_ID=3040[/url]) and the Tommaso Aggraziato([url]http://www.rscycle.com/s.nl/it.A/id.13199/.f?sc=12&category=-112[/url] ). They look to be the ex ... Read More »

Tommaso Aggraziato (no serial number)

Hi, I just received a replacement frame from Randall Scott cycle in Boulder, CO. After looking at the Aggraziato frame that I received, I noticed that the bicycle doesn’t have a serial number anywhere on the bicycle. After speaking with RS about it, they simply told me that Tommaso just dec ... Read More »

Tommaso’s Aggraziato receives another stellar review: this time in ROAD magazine

Boulder, CO – 10/05/06– Randall Scott Cycle Company, America’s Premier Cycling Company headquartered In Boulder CO, is North America’s exclusive dealer of Tommaso Bicycles. For decades this Italian thoroughbred has been known by serious riders for one thing: making the best bikes on the planet - o ... Read More »