Trek 2.5 Road Bike

• Tires: Bontrager Race Lite, 700x23c
  • Shifters: Shimano Ultegra STI, 10 speed

Submitted by Tommeke a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: March 21, 2011

Strengths:    Geometrics

Weaknesses:    Would look much better with high profile rims.
It has lugs for mudguards.

Bottom Line:
I only bought the 2919 frameset and I've built it up with the Ultegra Groupset from my old bike, a Bontrager Seatpost, Prologo Nago TR Saddle and Easton EA50 wheels with GP4000s tires.

I've already did a couple of road races and I really love the bike. It's such an improvement compared to my old bike. Okay, it isn't a carbon lightweight bike, but for aluminium it's hard to get a better bike with the same looks.

It's smooth and comfortable without losing stiffness and acceleration. The carbon fork makes it really comfortabel and the Shimano Ultegra groupset has already proven its quality.

The geometrics (I have a 56cm frame with 12 cm steerpost) make that I can sit quite aerodynamic and combined with the EA50 wheels I can clip corners on a fast way.

I also really love the looks of the asymmetric tubes, I went to a bikeshop for some help with the building up and they tought it was a carbon frame! I borrowed some Cosmic Carbone wheels from a friend and it really looked stunning!

The paintjob isn't really matching with my outfit, but that isn't a big problem. The paintjob is really good, if you talk about quality.

Purchased At:   Local Bike Shop