Trek Domane 4 Series Road Bike

4.67/5 (3 Reviews)

Domane 4 Series flies past any other carbon endurance race bike in its class, with IsoSpeed for race comfort, endurance geometry for stability, and Power Transfer Construction for speed.

Submitted by matt from canberra oz a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: January 17, 2014

Strengths:    Very stiff, very smooth, great handling. 6800 ultegra group is brilliant. Wheels feel excellent, stiff durable and smooth. Spokes are standard dt which will make replacements cheap and easy to source.

Weaknesses:    Seat hurt me, but others may like it...not a deal breaker.

Bottom Line:
2014 Trek Domane - I've been riding and racing for about 15 years, have owned 1 custom steel, 2 aluminum, 1 carbon and a scandium alloy bikes. This is a huge step up! The marketing jargon is true, the bottom bracket is as stiff as any bike I've ridden. However the isospeed REALLY works, I was even pedalling seated across stock grids! It handles great, and all (except stock saddle) the bits feel spot on. Oh and it looks great. It's actually a really nice pearlecent white which you can't see on the website. I test rode giant defy advanced, cannondale synapse, specialized roubaix. All the others were good, but this was the best, I don't want to change anything other than the seat. This was also the cheapest. Oh yeah I'm not little either with a fighting weight of 90 kg if it can be this good for me, I reckon it's pretty darn good. Highly recommend it.

Submitted by tihsepa

Date Reviewed: December 1, 2013

Strengths:    Those little nuts on the presta stems
Reflectors
Air in tires

Weaknesses:    Nuun

Bottom Line:
This is a great bike. I like riding it.

Submitted by A. Van Wagner a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: November 10, 2013

Strengths:    Ultegra/105 components, superior seat vibration relief, light and stiff frame, metallic paint scheme.

Weaknesses:    None so far after 500 miles

Bottom Line:
Great mix of Ultegra and 105 components for this price range. The standout though is the Iso Speed decoupling, its no gimmick and definitely smooths out road chatter and bumps from uneven pavement. Its not a miracle cure and your hands still get rattled up on rough pavement but coming from a Synapse using the same saddle, there is a HUGE difference in what you feel transmit to your seat. The frame is beefy and offers great comfort for up to 63 miles, my longest since owning it, with just slight discomfort which I know my upcoming fitting will remedy. The frame has a BB90 bottom bracket, hidden fender bolts, a chain dropping prevention device (I've dropped mine 3 times, LBS says it needs adjusting) and will take 28mm tires which is my next upgrade and has been highly recommended. The other Bontrager RL components seem like good pieces so far.

Favorite Ride:   Little T/Camp 9