Trek Domane 5 Series Road Bike

Domane 5 Series is your cobble-tuned secret weapon in a ride-all-day race. IsoSpeed technology and Domane geometry give this carbon endurance race bike the winning edge.

Submitted by Michael G a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: July 9, 2014

Strengths:    Comfort, Lightness, Handling, & Speed

Bottom Line:
I had the Trek Madone 5 Series for a year and a half and loved it. I put plenty of miles on it, but rode like new. I stopped in at Atlanta Cycling for some gloves and saw the Domane 5 Series which looked good. The manager asked if I would like to try it out and I did. To make a long story short, after riding the Domane,I traded-in my Madone for the Domane. The Domae is a much more responsive bike with regards to acceleration and cornering and the comfort is FANTASTIC. I can't imaging any other bike providing such a terrific ride for the price as the Domane Series 5.

Submitted by Drill Sergeant a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 14, 2014

Strengths:    I'm coming off a Silk Road Cannondale (S1000) CAD3. This is big step in weight difference. Incredibly smooth and absorbs Arkansas road deficiencies extremely well. The ISO damper really helps the cushion the road vibration and bumps from being transmitted to the butt and back.

Weaknesses:    Front end vibrations are more, but drowned out appreciatively. Hard to beat out a headshok. However, the carbon fork more than makes up for it in responsiveness on the hills. You have to be smooth on power and cadence or you notice the seat movement, just something you have to get used to.

Bottom Line:
$2760 (2013 new) bought Jun 2014. Both bikes had Shimano Ultra (no sig diff). Smooth and absorbing in the seat with out of the seat response and stiffness. Extremely satisfied.

Submitted by Geoff a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: May 16, 2014

Strengths:    comfort, quality construction, styling/design

Weaknesses:    none

Bottom Line:
I moved to this bike from a steel Ritchey road bike and this bike blows the Ritchey away. The Domane is more comfortable, handles better and stiffer/faster then the Ritchey. I live in northern new england and the roads are really bad. We also have a lot of dirt roads so I feel like this is a great bike for this area. When I do hit a smooth section of pavement the Domane makes it feel like a silk road.

Submitted by Ward

Date Reviewed: December 22, 2013

Strengths:    Smoothest most comfortable and stable bike I have ever ridden. Frame is very stiff but due to the isozone decoupler which allows the seat post to flex when riding over rough roads it really irons out the bumps.

Weaknesses:    Maybe a little slower than the Madone but there isn't much difference. Gladly sacrifice a little speed for comfort, as I used to own a Madone and for me this is a better bike.

Bottom Line:
Highly recommended. When I am ready to upgrade I'll go for the 6 series Domane.