Trek Madone 4.7 WSD Road Bike

• Crank: Shimano Ultegra 50/34 or 52/39/30
  • Rear Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra

Submitted by Beth a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: December 5, 2012

Strengths:    This bike is fantastic in a lot of ways. It shifts almost intuitively, corners with ease, and accelerates really well. The steering is spot-on. My bike is stock, and would be even faster if I would upgrade the wheels. It's comfortable with a more upright position, and it stops NOW when you grab the brakes. It's light and quick, nimble without being scary and extremely fun to ride. Downhills are a blast, as it handles these with confidence and no shimmy or wiggles ever. Climbing is good, and the compact drive train shaves a few ounces off having a triple. The paint has remained good, except for around the dropouts where it has chipped a little. The wheels have remained true and take whatever is dished out to them - I am a heavier rider and it doesn't seem to have affected them at all.

Weaknesses:    Dropout paint - but that's probably me and normal.

Bottom Line:
One of my all-time favorite go-fast toys. At first I wasn't wild about the paint scheme, but it has grown on me. I would definitely recommend this bike to those who want a fast sportive or race bike. I did a triatholon on it with lip on bars and it was great. I have owned this for about 4 years and ahve never been disappointed with it.

Favorite Ride:   Anywhere I can

Purchased At:   Hub City - Hagerstow

Similar Products Used:   Gunnar Roadie, Jamis Comet, Giant OCR 2

Bike Setup:   Stock

Submitted by Karin a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: November 22, 2009

Strengths:    All Ultegra, Carbon frame, WSD Geometry, Weight, Finish

Weaknesses:    Non so far

Bottom Line:
Bought her end summer 09 and have now gone apx. 500km on her.

When investigating the market I was, despite being a small woman (<1.6m, <55kg) meet with all sorts of prejudices by local bike dealers such as "You can easily use a normal racer, no need for a WSD" and "Full carbon frame is only for heavy riders or very long trips"

But after trying one WSD I knew that's what I needed. A bit more concerned whether I would get value for money upgrading to a full carbon - but was recommended to do so by colleagues.

No more back problems and have got the smoothest ride ever.

For small women WDS is a must!!!

Original price in DK 18000DKK, but got her for 14k

Favorite Ride:   Rolling hills of East Jutland, Denmark

Purchased At:   Trek Aarhus

Submitted by Aileen Parsons a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: July 6, 2008

Strengths:    Carbon Fiber frame, compact geometry, weight, color, finish,

Weaknesses:    None.

Bottom Line:
this is actually a 2008 Trek Madone 4.7 WSD, I have about 100 miles on her so far. What a dream come true. Having a professional fit me was right way to start riding. The first WSD I have ridden that truely fits my geometry.

Favorite Ride:   Anywhere around Truckee, CA