Trek Pilot 2.1 WSD Road Bike

• Bontrager Race 52/42/30 Crankset
  • Shimano 105 Rear Derailleur

Submitted by YakkerGirl a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: December 20, 2008

Strengths:    Lightweight, easy shifting (compared to my downtube shifting Bianchi), great breaks, perfect ergonomics for me, great colors, awesome components, pedals for clipless or otherwise.

Weaknesses:    Expensive

Bottom Line:
This is the sweetest ride I have ever had. The Trek 2.1 had a bike with suspension, but the reach was too far for me. This is the only bike (I'd been looking/testing for 3 years) that worked with my body shape. This is an amazing bike!!!

Favorite Ride:   Triathlons

Purchased At:   Blues Bike and Fitne

Similar Products Used:   I tested many WSDs, including bikes other than Trek. I have an older Bianchi (1982) and a Giant Farrago just for funnin'

Submitted by Lisa4Peace a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 21, 2007

Strengths:    Comfortable ride, Price didn't breat the bank, Great Specs.

Weaknesses:    If I have to find something -- brakes.

Bottom Line:
I just love my Pilot 2.1 WSD. It is the perfect fit for me, has great components for the price, the color is good, and the seat comfy. I am a bit disappointed in the brakes though I suppose when they wear in I'll have a better experience.

Favorite Ride:   South Atlanta/TheHillsAreAlive!

Purchased At:   Trek

Similar Products Used:   Giant OCR and Giant Halfway

Submitted by airforcegurl a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 5, 2007

Strengths:    inexpensive, light, ultegra components, bontrager makes pink bar tape to match!!!

Weaknesses:    heavy wheels, stem too short, stock saddle is made for somebody with a really wide rear end.

Bottom Line:
I bought this bike last year not knowing whether or not I'd like road cycling. I'm currently in the process of upgrading a few things to make it a little more raceable which includes a longer stem, lighter wheels, and getting rid of teh god awful grandma saddle.

Purchased At:   Sport Maximum, St-Je

Bike Setup:   Stock for now but soon to have FSA K force bars, PZ race stem, Sette ti/leather saddle and maybe some pink shawable tires if I really get fancy..

Submitted by EDIVVA a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: February 6, 2007

Weaknesses:    none

Bottom Line:
My first road bike. Its rides very fast, and smooth and climbs like a goat. The drops are very comfortable,

Favorite Ride:   PCH-Huntington Beach

Purchased At:   Jax-Long beach

Similar Products Used:   n/a
other bike- Giant hybrid w/Shimano Deore

Bike Setup:   Look Keo Classic pedals

Submitted by Debby Crooks a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: December 8, 2006

Strengths:    Very light weight. Ultegra componets. Black color that looks good all the time! Great price for as much carbon.

Weaknesses:    Not enough room on frame to put a second water bottle cage (47 cm). Poor pedals. I put Look Keos on.

Bottom Line:
Having up-graded from a trek 1000, this bike is like going from a Geo Metro to a Lexus! I'm very new to cycling but this bike has made me feel very confident and I can't wait to get out there and ride further each day. The shifting was so different and has taken awhile to learn.

Favorite Ride:   Lake James