unknown Element Six Road Road Bike

I took a chance and bought this frame and put this together for my first good road bike. It's a size medium, and weighs under 15.5lbs with cages, pedals, saddle, and full saddle bag and gps mount. Beat that for 2200 bucks. And, the frame is not only comfortable, but it's fast. Super rigid, climbs awesome. Icing on the cake: they were awesome to work with, totally helpful with any questions etc.

Submitted by Taylor

Date Reviewed: December 16, 2014

Strengths:    Everything

Weaknesses:    No paintjob? Short warranty?

Bottom Line:
Just read an article about Argonaut Cyles Spacebike. Sounded pretty awesome, but then I realized I have a bike that's pretty much just as good as that for about 1/3 the price. Element Six road bike is kind of a unicorn, almost too good to be true. Stiff, exceptionally light (mine is about 14 w/o pedals, and under $3,000), geometry is almost identical to an Orbea Orca (one of the most popular high end road bikes ever), and they were super easy to work with and ask questions. I don't know why everyone isn't riding one, I don't really care about the paint job or the brand name anyway.

Submitted by JPHeres a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: April 22, 2011

Strengths:    -Instant reaction speed (think and this bike will move)
-Price
-Stability (I can definitely feel the road, yet I know I am safe on this frame)
-Speed.

Weaknesses:    Frame might run a little small for larger riders. If you have a longer torso, I'd recommend considering a size up.

Bottom Line:
I bought an Element Six from a local bike shop in Hawaii last year. The bike had been a custom built as a training cycling for a famous Triathlete (whose name shall be omitted). He had used it briefly, but decided to sell it to this store.
I was searching for a carbon fiber frame and this seemed like the cheapest option. A few days later I did a climbing race from sea level to 9,200 ft. The Element Six tackled the volcano like a boss.

Purchased At:   Kailua-Kona, Hawaii