VeloVie Vitesse 300 Road Bike

3.55/5 (11 Reviews)

The most state of the art, fast, well designed bike you will find out there has arrived. The Vitesse 300 is here. At just over 2 pounds, this innovative bicycle combines the numerous top of line technologies to make your travels the paramount of all journeys. The 300 contains high modulus fiber with 12K design making it both extremely light and stiff. The traditional frame geometry of the 300 uses the lightest bicycle building process known to even the most expert of riders. Tube to Tube Technology featuring the high quality manufacturing process of Carbon Fusion. This technology also employs the inspired Carbon Axis Formula to put the ideal finishing touches on the most incredible ride you can find.

Submitted by Jeremy a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: May 18, 2013

Strengths:    Lightweight. Great looking. Good geometry. Well made. Good customer service.

Weaknesses:    Black frame is a little hard to keep clean. But that's being picky. If looks gorgeous.

Bottom Line:
I've been riding my vitesse 300 for about a month now. I bought only the frame and built up the rest of the bike at my Lbs using SRAM Force. I wish I had just gotten velovie to build it out for me since it would have saved me a few hundred bucks. The bike is under 16lbs with carbon bars, seat post, and stem.

Unlike some of the other reviewers, I have had very positive experiences with their customer service. Also, the frame geometry is great for me. I'm 5'10" with a 31" inseam and 158 lbs. I chose the 53cm frame and is a great fit.

The bike shipped quickly and was packaged well. I got it only 3 days after I ordered it.

Since getting it, I've received numerous compliments on its looks.

I've put a about 400 miles on it so far and have been grinning ear to ear the whole time. It's super fast, gets up to speed quickly, and shows no sign of flex even when pushing hard up hills. Going down steep hills around 40 mph, I've had no issues changing lines quickly to avoid taking out pedestrians. The ride is also super smooth but still responsive. For some reason on my old trek aluminum bike, I had a hard time riding up long hills out of the saddle. With the new machine, I can kill entire hills out of the saddle with energy to spare.

Configure this baby with some rol race SL wheels, SRAM Force double crank, FSA carbon cockpit, and you'll have a killer machine under 16lbs and around $3k. It cannot be beat.

Submitted by Ron a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: January 15, 2013

Strengths:    Super stiff, super comfortable, a GREAT mix of parts, huge value for the price. Really tracks well, like it's on rails...I've been riding for 3 months and am very happy with the bike on every level.

Weaknesses:    I was a bit reluctant at buying an "internet only" bike. But, I'm a pretty customer focussed salesperson myself, so whatever issues ther may have been with contact I was patient and got the results I wanted...always.

Bottom Line:
Overall, I'm SUPER happy with the purchase, I got the 300 with 2012 Red and the Reynolds Strikes; which is the top of the line. I did get my frame painted (aftermarket) and am even happier than when I unpacked it. I CAN'T IMAGINE being any happier with a new bike, even if I would've spent more than twice the price. It was a 50th Birthday gift to myself and I'm really looking at "turning back the clock" this season. It's super responsive to any input, whether climbing, sprinting or accelerating. It goes 0-30 mph in no time at all.

Submitted by d j b

Date Reviewed: November 26, 2012

Strengths:    none

Weaknesses:    horrible cs, long wait time, no one picks up the phone!!

Bottom Line:
buy from some where else! the problems out weight the low price.

Submitted by michbex

Date Reviewed: September 28, 2012

Strengths:    I actually liked the bike initially as it looks nice and is pretty stiff. However, the issues I ran into (see -> Weaknesses) outweigh the sum of all strength

Weaknesses:    Cheap part, bad customer service.
After around 300 miles / 6 month, on a flat the rear derailleur hanger broke all of a sudden and ended up in my rear wheel. The result was a ruined wheel, a broken derailleur hanger and on top of this, a piece of the frame actually split of. After over 2 weeks after contacting Velovie customer service, the response was short:

'After reviewing this issue and talking with the factory we find that this is not a warranty issue, as this was not caused by a defect in materials but rather a maintenance issue.'

How can this be a maintenance issue??? Anyway, I leave it up to the reader to interpret this...

Bottom Line:
All in all a nice looking bike, but with horrible customer service.

I will not buy from a small bike company that imports from Asia anymore. I highly recommend to stick with the larger name brands, They are larger for a reason.

Submitted by Charles Toland

Date Reviewed: August 28, 2012

Strengths:    Great bike, very stiff and handles well.

Weaknesses:    Customer Service, phone calls go to answering machine and they dont return.

Bottom Line:
Will not buy again due to pooor Customer No Service. Tried sells and customer no service no reponse.

Velo Vie Procon Team Rider, craig Streit, sweeps Superweek on the Vitesse 300

For Immediate Release Scottsdale, Arizona - August 27, 2007 - Today VeloVie announced that Craig Streit won the Point Premium Root Beer International Cycling Classic, presented by Time Warner, for CAT 3 riders on his VeloVie Vitesse 300 bicycle. The race is the world’s largest multi-categor ... Read More »

Quick Question - HELP! - Velo Vie Vitesse 300

Need your help guys - My friend has the opportunity to buy a Velo Vie Vitesse 300 complete bike with Dura Ace and Fulcrum Racing Zero wheels - brand new. What is the reputation of this new bike brand? What is a fair price for this bike new? Vitesse 300 Shimano Dura Ace »FRAMESET & SIZE: ... Read More »