Volagi Liscio Ultegra Road Bike

The Liscio Ultegra might be the most thoughtful endurance bicycle ever designed for long distance riding. Have you ever wished you had a fast bike that you could ride all day? A bike you could race with your friends, yet feel at home on a double century? A bike that floats over the gnarly back roads, but accelerates like a rocket to the city limit signs? A bike that offers control no matter the conditions: wet, dry, hot or cold? Then, let us introduce you to the Volagi Liscio Ultegra - A 17lb. road bike with disc brakes! It has been engineered with the revolutionary LongBow Flex stay that absorbs road vibrations, but retains torsional stiffness for control and efficiency. The Liscio Ultegra sports geometry that’s quick and nimble, yet stable and comfortable enough to ride all day. Every detail from its optimized carbon layup, aerodynamic frame design and internal brake cabling offer you the best experience you’ve ever had on a bike.

Submitted by Ben H a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 23, 2013

Strengths:    Carbon, Disc Brakes, Fender mounts everything you need for an all year round road bike.

Weaknesses:    Tear drop seatpost profile
Clearance too tight for 28mm tires

Bottom Line:
I live near Seattle and wanted an enthusiast bike I could ride all year. Up here, that means fenders even on a light weight road bike. It also means hills which for me mean disc brakes are a must. I've tried everything but going at much of any speed down hill in the rain, discs are the only brakes that work well for me. Oh, and, it's carbon ! For me, that means I'm not dragging some beast on a long fast ride.

This bike has many other features. I'm sure the longbow stays provide some road impact relief but you're still going to get out of your saddle on a rough patch. My only complaint is the seat post. It's not round so no way you can replace it easily and for me, I had to really crank it down so it wouldn't slip.

Mine was a 2012 model so had 130mm rear spacing. The 2013 has 135. I hated that they used 130mm due to the sparse selection but the stock wheels are nice enough. I would however have loved more clearance for wide wheels, tires and fenders. Wide is the new fast. Even road bikes are coming with wider profile rims and tires. It would make for a far nicer experience over our crappy local roads.

Otherwise, I'm absolutely thrilled someone made a bike like this. It was the answer to this bikers prayer. I don't need two bikes in my garage now. It's far more pleasant to ride this than my old bad weather beast. It's not quite as light or fast as my R3 but close enough for me.

If they come out with a model next year that has true suspension action in the back and space for 28 or even 32mm tires, even better. Till then, I'm a happy camper. Thank you Volagi for listening !

Similar Products Used:   Cervelo R3.
Specialized Roubaix.

Bike Setup:   Ultegra Di2 parts (I upgraded).