Devinci Caribou Touring Bike

4.14/5 (7 Reviews)

Frame Material: aluminum
Frame Angles: Unspecified
Sizes: large, medium, small, xsmall
Colors: Unspecified
Pedals: Shimano PD-M520 SPD
Tires: 700 x 28c Michelin Transworld

Submitted by Pepere a Commuter

Date Reviewed: May 1, 2012

Strengths:    Good price, good performance with light to medium load

Weaknesses:    Doesn't carry heavy load well.

Bottom Line:
Mine is an older model, so it may have improved since. At first, I used it as a commuter bike and it handled very well. When I tried to use it touring with a good load front and back, I was disapointed to feel a lot of speed wobble that made it even scary above 30 km/h.

Similar Products Used:   Cannondale T2000

Submitted by charoenrut tepnuruk

Date Reviewed: February 19, 2012

Strengths:    ????????????????????

Weaknesses:    ?????????????????????

Bottom Line:
??? devinci caribou touring 2004 ?????????? ??? ??

Submitted by gottago a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: April 1, 2010

Strengths:    Solid frame and comfortable geometry.

Weaknesses:    Over sized gearing. I had to replace the middle and small chainrings because they were way too big for hauling heavy loads even up medium grades let alone the Rockies.

Bottom Line:
Completed my first cross-Canada tour with it. Once I had it set up right, it performed amazingly well. The only problem I had was the rear rim developed stress cracks at a few spoke holes. With the suspension seat post the ride was incredibly smooth. The frame held up perfectly under a large load (80 lbs or so).
I have also ridden a 300km Randonneur with it with no problem being in the saddle for 12 hours.

Favorite Ride:   X-Canada tour 2004

Similar Products Used:   I also owned a 2001 Devinci Silverstone racing bike.

Bike Setup:   I set it up nearly identicle to my racing bike.

Submitted by lingram a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: November 2, 2009

Strengths:    Shifting is close to perfect. Rear D smooth. Lightweight and sturdy. Love the ride. Great looking. Seems very well made.

Weaknesses:    Front D has taken some time to get working properly

Bottom Line:
2008 Caribou 2: This is my dream bike. Can't get enough of it. Purchased on sale and specs/components match the 09 model exactly except for seat and handle bar tape. Added carrier, fenders, clip on /combo pedals.

Favorite Ride:   Many

Purchased At:   Olympic Cycle Vernon

Similar Products Used:   My first tourer. Other road bikes and mountain bikes; Peugeot, Tech

Bike Setup:   Also got a set of wider tires to change up for off-season or longer trail rides.

Submitted by danielgaston a Commuter

Date Reviewed: July 1, 2009

Bottom Line:
Great bike for commuting. Also good for short trips (less than 100 km).
SHimano XT deraillleur is very smooth. I"m surprised at the speed I can reach with this type of bike just a few km/hr less than my road bike (Argon 18)
I put regular pedals instead of clip-ons -- mistake.

Favorite Ride:   Lake Champlain

Purchased At:   Pro Cycle - Laval

HELP PLEASE - Divinci Caribou 1 or Kona Sutra???

I am looking for a touring/road bike and I know I need to see which one fits best and is comfortable but is one of these bikes better than the other??? the Divinci Caribou 1 or the Kona Sutra??? [url]http://www.konaworld.com/08_sutra_c.htm[/url] [url]http://www.devinci.com/11630_an.html[/url] ... Read More »

What should I upgrade on the 2007 Devinci Caribou 1?

It has the following specs: FRAME Caribou FORK Devinci Cr-Mo with disc brake hanger REAR DERAILLEUR Shimano LX M581 FRONT DERAILLEUR Shimano Tiagra 4503 CRANKSET Truvativ Touro 3.0 Power Spline 52/42/30T SHIFTERS Shimano Tiagra 4500 WHEELS Shimano M475 disc / Mavic A319/ ... Read More »

Caribou Coffee owned by terrorists???

Does anyone know anything about this? When I first heard about it I went to the caribou website and there was a link to the bank that owned them, it was the First Bank of Islam.I clicked on the link and it took me to the banks home page where it explained the banks ideology which included the suppor ... Read More »