Jamis Bosanova Touring Bike

These are the road bikes for smart cyclo-tourists and urban speedsters. Our legendary Reynolds steel chassis assure unbeatably robust performance and resilient ride-damping you’ll appreciate while loaded up and bombing around on the streets and rural backroads. This is magic carpet ride stuff, especially for full-pannier touring and rough-road adventures.

Submitted by Kevin a Commuter

Date Reviewed: October 11, 2013

Strengths:    Frame, component choice, price

Weaknesses:    Wheels

Bottom Line:
I got my Bossanova 8 months ago and I'm glad that I did. This bike is just what I was looking for. I wanted a capable, multiple use road bike that could handle commuting, light touring, recreational road rides and bad weather. The Bossanova handles all of these with ease.
First off, the frame is well made with clean welds and what I think is a nice paint job. The fork is functional and the rack mounts really come in handy when you need them. The rear rack mounts are further up the seat stays than many other bikes and this allows for the rear rack to clear the disc brakes without extra hardware. This is not a light frame or a light bike but it is comfortable, stable and a real joy to ride.
The components that Jamis has hung on this bike work well, the triple up front and a 30 tooth cog in the rear help you get up those hills with a full compliment of gear. The tiagra drivetrain has not given me any trouble and should last for many more miles.
Now for the bad part, the wheels are the weakest part of this bike. At 180 I'm no lightweight but not a heavy person either and these wheels need to be trued about every 200 miles. With the rest of the bike delivering such value and quality I was let down that the wheels were not as good as they could have been. But for a bike at this price point I can understand. You can't have you cake and eat it too.

Purchased At:   Bike city