Lynskey Performance Designs Viale Touring Bike

Perfect for commuting to work, daily riding, and light touring, the Viale boasts the requisite rack mounts and clearance for up to 700x30c tires for gobbling up rougher roads, carrying groceries or tackling that multi-day excursion. If you've been looking for the ride characteristics of steel, with the combined lighter weight and lifetime durability of titanium, look no further than Lynskey's new Silver Series.

Submitted by Bao

Date Reviewed: March 31, 2015

Strengths:    Lightweight frame, nimble, feels fast, durable

Weaknesses:    Creaking bottom bracket.

Bottom Line:
Have never written a bike review before. I bought this as a frameset and built up the bike with a mixture of components. I was looking for my "forever" bike and wanted Ti and I loved Litespeed but when they were sold off and Lynskey started, I always wanted one.

After my first ride, my reaction was WOW! I love it. The bike feels nimble and fast. Running a Dura Ace 2x10 drivetrain means that gear shifts are fantastic! The Ti frame feel compliant and just soaks up the bumps. Piling on the miles on this bike is going to be a joy.

Submitted by George Bishopric a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: January 7, 2015

Strengths:    Responsive, confortable, and solid. A beautifully made bicycle that I hope to ride for years.

Weaknesses:    Haven't really noted any, but I did change out the saddle pretty quickly, which I suspect most buyers of bikes do, anyway.

Bottom Line:
A well made, comfortable bike that is very well adapted to long rides. Recommended for all cyclists looking for a durable bike for longer rides, especially

Favorite Ride:   Up A1A on the Atlantic Coast

Purchased At:   Haywood Cycles, Ashe

Submitted by Olivier a Commuter

Date Reviewed: November 25, 2014

Strengths:    I bought this frame for a lightweight touring frame and it is perfect for me. Very confortable, smouth, look really great, nice finish, good welds. I change my old litespeed ultimate for that one and i perfer the lynskey... Because it is a better shape for what i need. Awesome bike!

Weaknesses:    The frame is a littlebite heavier than wath i was expected. If you have 30c tires you it is a little tweaky to put the wheel on the bike, but it works perfectly, so i dont really have a bad comment for that bike!... Personaly, i will prefer to put 32c tires.. But it is only for myself!

Bottom Line:
Confortable, smooth, durable, lightweight, strong and really good finish!

Favorite Ride:   Bad roads

Purchased At:   Lynskey website

Similar Products Used:   Litespeed ultimate... But it was to specific for me.. Not enough commuter.

Bike Setup:   I put mavic wheels, xt hubs, surly fork, avid bb7s disc 180mm front and 160 rear. Campagnolo centaur 10 speed ergo shifters, veloce crankset and front derailler, xtr rapid rise rear derailler! All works perfectly, very nice ride!