Raleigh USA Rush Hour Track Bike

4.25/5 (12 Reviews)

The Raleigh Rush Hour offers the discriminating cyclist a quality, classic steel track-style bike at an affordable price. Equally at home on street or track, the Rush Hour is the perfect tool for urban adventure or for perfecting your spin. A fixed/free rear hub and user installed brakes allow riders to choose freewheeling fun or fixed gear fidelity.

• Custom Butted Chromoly Track frame w/CNC dropouts - strong and light for class racing or street riding
  • Hi flange sealed bearing track hubs - "Flip Flop" rear fixed/freewheel design
  • Truvativ Touro Track crank w/48t Alloy ring - CNC-machined for stiffness

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by jliptak a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: August 2, 2009

Strengths:    Steel, single speed with a flip-flop hub (fixie or free wheel), simple and elegant, inexpensive.

Weaknesses:    Weak accessories, but this is easily overcome.

Bottom Line:
    This is one fun ride. There are some cheap components which are easily swapped out. I now have bull bars, Shimano pedals, Selle Italia SLR gel flow saddle, FSA seat post, and no back brake. I use this bike for commuting mainly, but also training when I want to do something different and as my get around town bike.

Similar Products Used:   None

Bike Setup:   See above

Submitted by michael battle a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: January 1, 2009

Strengths:    Strong bike, tires have lasted a year. I commute as well as push with the "big boys" in the club and the bike has held up well.

Weaknesses:    Plastic pedals.

Bottom Line:
    I have a completely stock Rush Hour except for pedals from a 1972 Paris Sport, and love it. I have completed several metric centuries with the local bike club and am able to keep up with most of the fastest riders, depending on wind and hills on the course. It is a great workout. The bike has treated me very well, and I would definitely recommend it to a beginning fixie rider.

Favorite Ride:   amish covered bridge

Purchased At:   martin's bike shop

Similar Products Used:   No other fixies, but have a 1972 Paris Sport (minus pedals), 1992 Giant road bike, and a 1994 Nashbar rode bike.

Bike Setup:   As above.

Submitted by prasad a Commuter

Date Reviewed: July 8, 2008

Strengths:    You have the choice of using fixed wheel or free wheel.
    Can go at very high speed. Got good sets of tires

Weaknesses:    None that I can think of

Bottom Line:
    I was looking for a bike with steel frame. Their not many manufacturers who make those. This bike absorbs lot of shocks compared to Aluminum & Carbon frame. I was visiting lot of shops going through the reviews. Finally I got this at one of the shop. I love this bike.

Favorite Ride:   30 miles

Purchased At:   Talbots, San Mateo,

Bike Setup:   Added shimano entry level clip pedals

Submitted by Philipae a Commuter

Date Reviewed: June 1, 2008

Strengths:    weight in relation to low price, great entry-level bike for city-riding and commuting, low-key paint, bump-smoothing steel ride quality

Weaknesses:    quality and weight of low-level components, especially brakes (this is unavoidable considering the low price point in my opinion)

Bottom Line:
    Bought the bike primarily as a commuter, as used as a city bike and casual group/solo ride bike. So far it has definitely fit my needs as a short-range commuter alone flat roads. I do plan on changing the gearing soon from a 48 chain to 46 most likely. Would be a great entry bike to anyone who wants a fun simple low-maintenance fairly-lightweight bike and lives in a fairly flat region (changning gearing would be a simple fix as well).

Favorite Ride:   work and back

Purchased At:   Bill's Bike Shop

Similar Products Used:   just my 2000 Raleigh M80 mountain bike

Bike Setup:   just my favorite Felt carbon saddle from a previous bike and Bontrager gel tape, planned upgrades include (in order of priority): Cane Creek brakes and levers, Easton EA50 bar/stem/post, 46t Sugino Zen Messenger crankset, Cane Creek Volos wheelset

Submitted by Ken Karg a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: March 13, 2008

Strengths:    simple, organic, clean, easy to maintain, fast

Weaknesses:    original components are a little weak.

Bottom Line:
    I ride the bike as a single speed, not a fixie. It's a great introduction to ss/fixed gear riding. I added alot of upgraded parts and I simply love riding this bike. It replaced the competition of rideng, and brought back the fun.

Favorite Ride:   20-30 mile easy/hard