Tommaso Augusta Track Bike

3.14/5 (7 Reviews)

• Tommaso Custom Butted and Tapered Chromoly Steel Track Frame.
  • REAR FLIP/FLOP HUB comes with BOTH fixed cog side and a single speed freewheel
  • Frame and fork are drilled to accept front and rear road brakes.

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by bobbyjimmy420 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: March 16, 2010

Strengths:    color combo
    price(but I guess not if the frame is bent and out of allignment)

Weaknesses:    rscycle
    randall scott
    rscycle customer service
    tommaso agusta quality control
    nick in customer service
    rscycle.com

Bottom Line:
    My tommaso agusta Ninja track bicycle is a 2010

the frame came bent and they basically told me to keep it or return it and Im expecting too much from a bike at this price.

the bike on the non-drive side:
    - seat stay is 1/4" higher than the other
    - chain stay near the drop has a slight bend, I guess to compensate for the difference in height
    - the drop is angled dowward in order to make a connection, a connection that was not completely welded

I am the same guy with the defective whelset who said just buy the frame and now i say just buy a bikesdirect budget fixed ride instead, ie. kilo tt, the hour, clockwork...etc

when I called to tell them (rscycle) about the frame they told me that im expecting too much from a bike at this price point - I said that there is no way I expected a show bike to be shiped to my door I just expected a bike without defects so I could just ride.

Favorite Ride:   on a bike

Bike Setup:   stock

Submitted by bobbyjimmy a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: March 5, 2010

Strengths:    - frame
    - color package (blacked out)
    - customer service at rscycle (got a defective wheelset so theyre sending out a new set)

Weaknesses:    -saddle
    -stem
    -cranks
    -wheelset (i think they should go with
    -tires
    -seat post

Bottom Line:
    hmmm - My bike is actually the 2010 tommaso Agusta Ninja (all black) - ok here we go: a quick summary of this bike would be to just buy the frame. The parts on here all seem to be the stepchild of what their supposed to be. After putting the bike together and riding around the hood, it feels like I paid too much for this bike. The Tommaso saddle sucks though. The o9 came with a san marco power ponza saddle(something I wouldnt have to change right away). The frame felt good enough. the drops are a joke, c'mon T.R. , you put your name on this?? sorry Im getting away from the summary - I should have listened to everyone and their moms when they told me to get a kilo tt for a starter fixed gear!!! but I wanted an all black ride. I know that the good folks at Randal Scott could have put together a better bike for the money. I put in the same catagory as the kilo tt from bikesdirect which it worth every 300 of the dollars you pay and its shipped for free. JUST GET THE FRAME - THE BIKE LOOKS BETTER THEN IT RIDES

Favorite Ride:   any time, any place... as long as its not raining (just dont like riding in the rain but ill do it)

Purchased At:   recycle

Similar Products Used:   langster
    bowery
    kilo tt
    bianchi pista

Bike Setup:   stock

Submitted by Dan McCracken a Commuter

Date Reviewed: December 5, 2009

Strengths:    geometry, wheelset, color, great value for the price

Weaknesses:    handlebar set is too wide, a little heavy

Bottom Line:
    Fast as hell. True track geometry, can't wait for it to be warm so i can tear up the roads on it.

Favorite Ride:   Augusta Tricked out

Purchased At:   RS

Similar Products Used:   old schwinn continental fixie

Bike Setup:   it has a 48/16, i am going to switch out to a 48/17 or 15 to save the tires and chain from wearing out so fast.

Submitted by art a Commuter

Date Reviewed: November 16, 2009

Strengths:    amazing geomerty. super tight. i have yet to find a bike that handles as well as this one.

Weaknesses:    crap pedals and handlebars, very heavy

Bottom Line:
    great entry level single speed if your looking for a clean stealthy look. not too many others on the streets. too bad the steel is just straight gauge crap. its heavier than my touring bike but has far less components!

Favorite Ride:   sf

Purchased At:   amazon

Similar Products Used:   quite a bit of everything. ive got lots of bike amigos so I get to try all their rides.

Bike Setup:   swaped bars for soma sparrow.(rad) replaced 80% of eveything else

Submitted by BJ a Commuter

Date Reviewed: June 4, 2009

Strengths:    wheelset and frame

Weaknesses:    crank, pedals, handlebars,

Bottom Line:
    Bottom line- if your going to buy this bike, just get the frame... The crank is junk, the seat is terrible, the handlebars are terrible and the pedals are an absolute joke.

Favorite Ride:   tomasso augusta