Cannondale Ironman 800 Triathlon Bike

Frame Material: 6061 T6 aluminum
Frame Angles: 72.5 head, 77.0 seat
Sizes: 48cm (26" wheel), 50cm, 50cm (26" wheel), 52cm, 52cm (26" wheel), 54cm, 54cm (26" wheel), 56cm, 56cm (26" wheel), 58cm, 58cm (26" wheel), 60cm, 60cm (26" w
Colors: Black, White
Pedals: Not included
Tires: 700 x 23c Continental Ultra 3000

Submitted by TD44 a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: October 4, 2004

Strengths:    The frame is a really comfy ride. I'm also really happy with the wheels. The fork absorbs a good amount of road vibration.

Weaknesses:    DO NOT WAIT TO DUMP THE TIRES! The conti's are really aweful. I changed after 2 rides to michelin pro race, and have been REALLY happy with them. Thats my biggest complaint about the bike. Other than that, I would like to change the front derraileur someday...but not a big deal. I would also like carbon aero bars, but again...not really a huge problem.

Bottom Line:
This bike is an awesome mix of good price (at msrp) and great ride. Its nice and fast and a really comfortable ride. I've put a good number of miles on it and continue to love it. Not only does it work great, but I constantly get compliments on what a good looking bike it is. Derailleurs are good but not the best. I will get around to dumping the front 105 one of these days..but since it's not terribly important, it's not really at the top of my list of priorities. Overall, I LOVE THIS BIKE!

Favorite Ride:   my bike

Purchased At:   Directly from cannon

Similar Products Used:   Trek Equinox 9 -a nice bike, but for a few hundred dollars more, and I like the cannondale wheelset and frame better anyways.

Bike Setup:   mostly stock..but a few upgrades
-Apside Triathgel saddle