Cervelo P2 SL Triathlon Bike

• Full TrueAero design
  • Smartwall 2 tubing

Submitted by PinarelloGraalTT

Date Reviewed: May 18, 2013

Strengths:    Amazing Price: 999$ Pinarello Graal TT Frameset at http://www.aliexpress.com/store/group/Pinarello-Graal-TT-Frameset/819025_251216596.html

Weaknesses:    Amazing Price: 999$ Pinarello Graal TT Frameset at http://www.aliexpress.com/store/group/Pinarello-Graal-TT-Frameset/819025_251216596.html

Submitted by Cruisin

Date Reviewed: June 6, 2012

Strengths:    Hauls ass
easy to ride

Weaknesses:    Like most road bikes it a little unstable on wet surfaces and rocky turns at intersections.

Bottom Line:
I bought my 2010 P2SL single speed conversion for a very reasonable price. It was my first road bike purchase and I couldnt be happier, it was easy to learn how to ride and very forgiving during my rookie days. This bike flies! I'm currently ripping 15km in about 35 mins on rough country back roads. Great bike for beginners and veterans!

Submitted by Jason Morgan a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: November 26, 2011

Strengths:    Responsive, light, fast

Weaknesses:    Can't stay off the bike; want to ride it all the time.

Bottom Line:
Purchased this bike to replace my Trek 2200 road bike that I had set up as a tri bike with the Profile Design seat post and aero bars to have the aero triathlon bike since I mostly ride for triathlons. This bike is an awesome ride. The ride is stiff, responsive, and fast. It doesn't flex like my Trek or other carbon frame tri bikes I tried. I have only put 60 miles in 2 rides in the few weeks I have had the bike and I love this bike. I live in North Florida so I don't have any big hills to climb, but the bike is light and I think it would climb great. In both of the rides, I was able to maintain about 2 mph's (18 to 20) faster than my previous fastest training ride and my legs felt great getting off the bike. I'm not sure if it was the "new bike" excitement or the bike is just that much better.

If you are a beginning triathlete or want to upgrade to a great tri bike, I would recommend this bike.

Favorite Ride:   Amelia Island/A1A

Purchased At:   eBay

Similar Products Used:   Trek 2200 road bike. Test rode numerous other tri bikes (Cannondale, Trek, Felt, QR, Cervelo, Fuji, Specialized)

Bike Setup:   Vision Bars, Dura Ace group, Mavic Aksium wheels, Bontrager Race X Lite Harcase tires, Hawk Racing Bottom Bracket. Cobb Cycling V-Flow saddle

Submitted by tom-rudey a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: February 25, 2011

Strengths:    aerodynaqmics, handling, base component kit for the price, black anodized paint job

Weaknesses:    wheelset but it is serviceable until you can afford something more expensive

Bottom Line:
I bought this bike 2 years ago and have slowly but surly upgraded some of the components although the base bike kit is just fine. The aerodynamics are still second to none and I run with the expensive dogs which un-nerves them to no end. When I found out that the frame of the p2 sl is only 60grams heavier than the more expensive carbon p2c version and about 1/2 the price, I jumped at this one.

Favorite Ride:   Paper Discovery Duathlon in Neenah, WI

Purchased At:   Competitive Cyclist

Similar Products Used:   Cervelo S1, pecialized Allez, Specialized Sequoia, Cervelo Dual

Bike Setup:   Profile Design, cobra carbon basebar W/Carbon Stryke aero bars, SRAM tt900 10-speed bar-end shifters, SRAM carbon brake levers, Token carbon Stem, FSA RD800 carbon tubular wheelset w/zipp titanium skewers & Vittoria EvoCX tubular tires, Time RXS pedals, Sram Red crank & bb, PC 1090 chain, Sram Force Front derailleur, Sram Force (carbon) rear derailleur, sram 1090 11-27 cassette, Fizik Antares saddle

Submitted by Nicholas Ian Tyson a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: August 5, 2009

Strengths:    I have passed some pretty high end bikes on my low end Cervelo P2-SL. This machine should have been much, much more!

And all I did was upgrade some parts here & there.

upgrade tips
Vuelta Pro Super Light wheelset, Neo Pro crankset, Velo TT saddle, Profile aero bottle, Michelin Ironman tires,& Keo carbon pedals.

Weaknesses:    Does this box Question even need to be here?
Really!

Bottom Line:
I am 5'11 & 153lbs.
My Cervelo P2-SL is 19lbs. & 4oz. naked
I got a really hot bike, nicknamed "Black Betty" after the song by "Spider Bite" from my girl & her friends, because it's insane what this Machine lets you do.

I got a cervelo skin suit & the bell helmet too.
And, I custom design/made the same style CSC had for there Time trial helmets. ask to see pic's

Favorite Ride:   Cervelo P2-SL