Fuji Bicycles Aloha 1.0 Triathlon Bike

• Tires: Continental UltraSport, 700 x 23 Foldable
  • Seat post: Fuji Carbon Pro Aero, 300mm

Submitted by TriGuy85 a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: August 14, 2009

Strengths:    Fantastic frame, sturdy components, great customer service from Fuji, aerobars allow lots of adjustments for a proper fit... the list goes on...

Weaknesses:    comes with a 9-speed group... would have appreciated a 10-speed setup, but that's only due to it being harder to find 9-speed components.

Bottom Line:
Overall a fantastic bike for the price (even if I paid full retail value!). My bike is actually a 2008, but all they changed were the bars and the paint job. Frame is aerodynamic and strong, and weight is competitive with higher priced rides. The components are sturdy, but a little on the heavier side. I upgraded pretty much everything but the aerobars and basebar, which took about 2 pounds off. Even before though, the bike was well spec'd to take on the bigger boys at the local tri's. I wish I had this ride when I did IM Arizona.
I would highly recommend a bike fit to make sure you can stay aero while being comfortable. If you do this, I see no reason why this bike cannot get you to the podium.

Favorite Ride:   SB to Carp

Purchased At:   Direct (emp. discoun

Similar Products Used:   Felt F90 road bike (all stock!)

Bike Setup:   Profile Design T2+ bars
Dura-Ace 7800 shifters, brakes, FD
Ultegra RD, 12-27 cassette
FSA Team Carbon crank, Gossamer BB
American Classic Victory 30mm wheelset
Speedplay Zero pedals

Submitted by SylvanGroveTri a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: October 9, 2008

Strengths:    Every dollar I have spent on this bike has been worth it.

I have been fitted properly so I rate this bike as very comfortable.

This bike after hard use shows no sign of wear.

Weaknesses:    I do not like the way the welds look. I know it is a petty comment. For such a great ride and price, I live with it.

The wheels are a little heavy and I say that only because I train on hills constantly with a cycling club and these guys have the lightest wheels. On the flats, they draft off of me.

Bottom Line:
This is my first year doing triathlon and this is the only bike I have owned. That being said, though I do not know about other bikes I see cheap bikes to expensive bikes at my events. Though I am competing with bikes 5 times the value of this bike this bike has more than what is needed to compete competitively. In my last tri, my bike was the 7th fastest and it was a very hilly ride. I did a century last weekend and averaged 22.7mph and completed it in 4 and a half hours. Make sure you get fitted properly and this bike will help you reach your potential.

I do not think I have been the most gentle with this bike and it has held up very well. I have brought it back to the store only once for a tune up and though everything was gone through on the bike, the only adjustment needed was to true the not so light wheels.

This bike has made me a firm believer of Fuji bikes.

Favorite Ride:   Only ride I have owned. Aloha

Similar Products Used:   none

Bike Setup:   All factory, Shimano Ultegra components, Alex wheels.

Submitted by jwedge a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: June 3, 2008

Strengths:    geometry, fit and finish, price

Weaknesses:    brakes, wheelset, seatpost clamp

Bottom Line:
The aloha is Fuji's lowest entry tri-specific bike, but it doesn't act like it. Very comfotable aero position, tried aero bars on my Roubaix and never felt comfortable. Tracks well when your head is down for a break and seems to have Fuji's reliability and tolerances.

Favorite Ride:   longboat key

Purchased At:   Fastrack Bikes

Similar Products Used:   Fuji Roubaix
Bianchi Sport SX

Bike Setup:   Stock except for speedplay pedals and Topolino AC 29 wheelset.

Submitted by undeadzed a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: July 2, 2007

Strengths:    Components, price and ride

Weaknesses:    Wheels, they'll do for now but will be upgraded soon

Bottom Line:
Great value for price - looked at many bikes in the range - Fuji changed brakes to Cane Creek and Bars to flat vision. Haven't done tris in almost 20 years and amd very happy with the ride and feel of the frameset. Setup very comfortable.

Favorite Ride:   Gils to 110th

Purchased At:   Performance - Oceans

Similar Products Used:   Eddy Merckx 1980's, Scattante 660, DBR podium 3

Bike Setup:   Stock, Ultegra / 105 mix, FSA Gossamer, Vision aero bars and extensions, Fuji aero post, Xero wheelset

Submitted by Vito Squigliante a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: November 27, 2006

Strengths:    Price and components ($960 plus nearly $100 cash back from Performance), nice and stiff. Fairly light.

Weaknesses:    Wheels are a bit lame so I put on my Rolf Vigors instead.

Bottom Line:
Bought this to do time trials and for under a grand (year-end clearance plus 20% off coupon) it's hard to beat. More than simply an entry-level bike, this comes equipped with Ultegra/DA mix.

Favorite Ride:   Blue Ridge Mountains