Fuji Bicycles Aloha CF2 Triathlon Bike

• Handlebar: FSA Vision Tech TriMax Plus Integrated- flat
  • Stem: FSA Vision Tech TriMax

Submitted by Alaska Mike a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: May 7, 2009

Strengths:    Stiff, yet comfortable frame. Multiple seatposts to fine-tune positioning. Spacers for adjusting armrest height.

Weaknesses:    Brakes. The Cane Creek brakes just don't stop all that well- not a huge deal in TTs but more important on training rides. I might try different pads once these wear a bit more. The groupset runs the gamut from Dura Ace to 105, which is interesting but not really noticeable.

Bottom Line:
I was out looking for a carbon racing bike, and had tried most everything in my price range without any great enthusiasm. On a whim, I demoed this ride and instantly fell in love. I don't know if it was the aero position on what is essentially a road geometry frame or some combination of factors, but I felt at home- bad back and all. I liked the bike so much I started entering time trials just to justify the purchase. After a few months of riding it, I went in to get the fit dialed in. Other than a couple minor adjustments, the fitter was impressed how well I "naturally" fit the bike.

Favorite Ride:   Hope Road, Alaska